Options

Please check my CV, If I'm applicable for CISSP

cissptstcissptst Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
I worked for total of 5.5/years and essentially i started working as IT Assistant but the organization i worked for, they did not have proper job roles in place, It's a country wide Bank. As an IT asistant i was responsible for whole network and network security cause back then i was CCSP. then got promoted as an IT officer after a 1.5 year. and the last position i held and worked for the total of 1 year or more as a network and security manager. i was reporting directly to CIO and was responsible for whole company network. I'm really into getting CISSP and hopefully CISA/M. Please go through my CV here and provide your feedback please if I'm applicable for the exam. Thanks in Advance .

• Designing, Implementing, troubleshooting Disaster Recovery site
• Over all designing, implementing, optimizing, troubleshooting LAN, WAN and ATM Network
• Managed and supervised helpdesk team and IT Assistants staff members
• Implementing and Troubleshooting Site to Site VPN, Remote Access VPN, GET VPN and GRE Tunnels on Router & ASA firewall.
• Configuring and troubleshooting Cisco IPS (Intrusion Prevention System) 4255
• Provided technical support for Intranet and Internet environment, which involved troubleshooting, analyzing, and resolving client problems.
• Securing Routed Networks as well as Switched Networks
• Providing Resolution to Incident, Change, Problems & Service request as per SLA, Meeting Service Level Targets.
• Integrating New Routers, Switches, Firewalls, links, Locations in the existing Network Cloud. While complying to High Availability, Redundancy and Security policies.
• Upgrading O.S images, in Routers, Switches and Firewalls, while avoiding Service/Network Outage.
• Managing Policy Based Routing using routing protocols OSPF, EIGRP, BGP.
• Implementing and troubleshooting VTP, STP, HSRP
• Configuring and Managing Security Policies, ACLs, NAT on ASA and Routers.
• Configuring and troubleshooting Cisco ACS server AAA (Authentication Authorization and Accounting) using RADIUS and TACACS+.
• Implemented Security policy in Routers and ASA firewall.
• Implemented companywide DOT1X using ACS Server.
• Complying to the Security Policies defined by the Client and always adhering to that.
• Responsible for implementing, troubleshooting, and monitoring ATM Network.
• Responsible for the overall network security including Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), Cisco PIX/ASA Firewalls, Cisco ACS Servers and VPNs.

In my opninion, my job experience is fit to two domain of CISSP. Telecommunication and BCP.

Comments

• Options
    cdupuiscdupuis Inactive Imported Users Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good day,

It seems like you are either very close or have the 5 years required.

Even if you do not have the full five year you can still take the exam and become a CISSP ASSOCIATE.

Then after you complete the five years of experience you become a full blown CISSP.

Check my presentation, it talks about this in details and shows some example of certifications that can count for one year of experience and the presentation also point you to the proper page and document on the ISC2 web site.

See it at https://www.cccure.org/flash/intro/player.html

Best of luck

Clement
  • Options
    Thanks Clement. Anyone please check this. Best Regards.
  • Options
    @Clement. I do not have anyone to endorse me. I have to endorse myself. Regarding your comment "You must attempt to map your work experience to specific domains and topics"...... This does not make sense. I have to bust my ass and study, pay for the exam and if i pass the exam then they check if my experience map to the specific domain, if yes, all is good. but what if no?
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    If "no" then you will remain with the designation "Associate of the (ISC)2" until you have acquired the necessary professional work experience to become fully CISSP-certified. You have six years after you pass the CISSP exam to do this.
  • Options
    paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    cissptst wrote: »
    I do not have anyone to endorse me. I have to endorse myself.
    If you don't have someone to endorse you, ISC2 will do it for you when you submit your information. The standard of care and diligence in verifying your experience is the same regardless of whether another CISSP endorses you or if ISC2 performs the verification.
  • Options
    emerald_octaneemerald_octane Member Posts: 613
    JDMurray wrote: »
    If "no" then you will remain with the designation "Associate of the (ISC)2" until you have acquired the necessary professional work experience to become fully CISSP-certified. You have six years after you pass the CISSP exam to do this.

Yuppers. Associate life really isn't all that bad. All the benefits of CISSP literally without the title, lower AMF and CPE requirements.
  • Options
    Thank you very much everyone. I really appreciate. i will keep posting here...