Why does the price of the exam differs between CompTIA and Pearson websites?

yzTyzT Member Posts: 365 ■■■□□□□□□□
I want to take the test within 2 weeks. Following Pearson's instruction, I ended up on a "checkout" page where I needed to pay 295€ for take the test. However, at CompTIA's Marketplace the voucher has a price of 197€ + 21% VAT = 238€.

How have you done this? Have you bought the CompTIA's voucher and went to the center? Have you booked the test date at Pearson's website? Have you gone directly to the test center and paid there?

Comments

• the_hutchthe_hutch Banned Posts: 827
    That's weird. Price listings (on CompTIA and PearsonVue) were the same back when I took it.
  • sratakhinsratakhin Member Posts: 818
    You can apply a voucher bought somewhere else to your exam. I've never paid a full price for an exam and never had any problems.
  • yzTyzT Member Posts: 365 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I just followed the steps till the final one, and on this one there is a field to insert a voucher code and also an explanation saying that the total price will be adjusted according to the voucher code.
  • DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    I wouldn't expect different prices between Pearson and CompTIA, but like sratakhin mentions, you can apply a voucher you purchase from somewhere else. The voucher is just a string of characters such as 123456789. When you register to take the exam, you enter the voucher number.

You can often just call the test center and they handle everything - purchase of the voucher and registering to take the exam. If you have a voucher, they can register you and you just give them your voucher number.

All that said, I'd suggest you buy the voucher from the cheapest legitimate source.

Good luck on the exam.