Information Regarding ITILV3 (2011 Syllabus)

sachingargsachingarg Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

I am going to start ITILV3 Foundation Preparation. I was going through the thread and realized that following is the path for Certification (Self Study)

1) A Good Book
2) Sample Questions
3) and then Prometric Test

Good Book: I realized that we should stick on one book instead of moving around. Let me know which one is good:

1.1) ITIL Foundation exam guide by Liz Gallacher and Helen Morris
1.2) ITIL foundation handbook ISBN-10: 0113313497 ( By Claire Agutter)
I will go with one option . please suggest which one is good

Also, if anyone can provide me the latest syllabus of ITIL V3(2011) for Foundation Course then i can map it with these books.

Comments

• Liz GallacherLiz Gallacher Member Posts: 107
    I think you have a good approach. I know and respect Claire a great deal, and so I am sure either book would suit your requirements. Both are mapped to the latest syllabus, which is available from the itil official site
    http://www.itil-officialsite.com/Qualifications/ITILQualificationLevels/ITILFoundation.aspx
  • sachingargsachingarg Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks..

I will get the book by next week.

Will update you once i will be done with my studies..
  • sachingargsachingarg Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I gave my exam today and cleared with 83%. There were less questions from sample papers those who read it from books can easily crack it. Liz and Claire, Your book is good enough for understanding and cracking this exam.

Thanks.....
  • Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congratulations! And thanks for the kind feedback :)
  • datacombossdatacomboss Member Posts: 304 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I got a 92 using the videos from TrainSignal which are for the 2007 syllabus and reading the updates here:
    IT Process Wiki
    "If I were to say, 'God, why me?' about the bad things, then I should have said, 'God, why me?' about the good things that happened in my life."

Arthur Ashe

Claire, is there any way to get an advanced ITIL lifecycle or capability certification via self-study or is classroom education required?
    "If I were to say, 'God, why me?' about the bad things, then I should have said, 'God, why me?' about the good things that happened in my life."

Arthur Ashe

Hi datacomboss, you must attend an accredited training course to take an advanced ITIL exam. This doesn't have to be in a classroom though - it can be online or via a blended solution. Claire
    Thanks. Looks like your website offers the best value for me. Torn between starting with PPO or SD.icon_confused.gif:

Arthur Ashe

Hi datacomboss, if you want to PM me some details about your current role I'll be happy to see if I can make a recommendation. Claire
    I'm probably going to to start with SS then SD, ST and then CSI.

Arthur Ashe