Passed TSHOOT, got CCNP!

crrimsoncrrimson Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
I passed today with 937. This was by far the easiest of the 3 tests, but I do feel like if you weren't experienced at troubleshooting networks it could be difficult.

The abort button was very useful. I ended up with 50 minutes remaining at the end.. The first few tickets were stumping me, so I aborted them, then the next few were super easy ones to solve that took only a minute, and was able to catch up on the hard ones later on!

Happy to get CCNP, I think I'll relax for a while and decide if I want to pursue a RHCE cert, another language, or maybe some security certs. Maybe I'll even get the crazy idea of going for CCIE..

For non-cert related studying there are some more labs I'm interested in doing for fun:

Try using Yersinia to do some attacks, then shut them down using ip arp inspection. This was really fun with Cain & Abel.
Finish all of the CCNP lab guide book labs for interesting topics.
Gain an even more in depth knowledge of BGP.
Learn TCP troubleshooting in Wireshark as well as I know VoIP troubleshooting.

Keep Learning! Good luck to everyone studying for CCNP!

Comments

• Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Congrats!
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • Hatch1921Hatch1921 Member Posts: 257 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    crrimson wrote: »
    Gain an even more in depth knowledge of BGP.
    Congratulations, and enjoy! The CCNP-SP/CCIP track goes into more depth with BGP. Of course, one of the nice things about a new certification, is often it comes with new responsibilities, and hopefully you'll get to play with these protocols plenty in the field. :)
  • aquillaaquilla Member Posts: 148 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats fella.
    Regards,

CCNA R&S; CCNP R&S
  • FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    Welcome to the club. :D
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)
  • vinbuckvinbuck Member Posts: 785 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Killer! way to go man...go for the whole enchilada and get that CCIE #
    Cisco was my first networking love, but my "other" router is a Mikrotik...
  • PCHoldmannPCHoldmann Member Posts: 450
    Congrats!
    There's no place like ^$
    Visit me at Route, Switch, Blog
  • filkenjitsufilkenjitsu Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    What technologies and protocols do you use at work? What was the easier test to study for: ROUTE or SWITCH?
    CISSP, CCNA SP
    Bachelors of Science in Telecommunications - Mt. Sierra College
    Masters of Networking and Communications Management, Focus in Wireless - Keller