Options

Took the test today....

aidan80aidan80 Member Posts: 147 ■■□□□□□□□□
Sat the Security+ today and passed with 860. I had 4 simulations and 3 videos to watch. The simulations were simple enough to get through as long as you know the material. They consisted of reviewing logs to see which device failed in what order, identifying different types of social engineering, matching ports and protocols, identifying what types of security go to different types of devices e.g. mobile. Straight to the point drag/drop and point/click. I'll admit when I first heard simulations I pictured the worst kind (I sat through these years ago back home) these are to the point and right on topic with what's covered in Mr Gibson's book and easy to understand and follow. The videos I watched were an animation once viewed your taken back to where you can put a check next to what's happened or happening. Just watch, think and answer. All in all I enjoyed the test! My reading/training for the exam were Get Certified Get Ahead (read it twice!), Professor Messer Videos and of course Mike Myers Security+ Passport.. Mike Myers helped due to the small book size, hard copy and digital copy plus practice tests on the CD. It really assisted in honing in on weak areas.

Next to plan out how to keep my CEU's up lol!

Comments

• Options
    SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations!!!
    Nice score.
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif

What's next on your cert journey?
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    shart1971shart1971 Member Posts: 91 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on your pass!!
  • Options
    JasminLandryJasminLandry Member Posts: 601 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!! What's next?
  • Options
    DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Congratulations on the pass - 860 is a great score.

I wish you the best of luck in your next adventure.
  • Options
    aidan80aidan80 Member Posts: 147 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks everyone, I'm glad I passed. I'm not sure if I'll go back into IT (i would like to) or even what my next certification might be. I do however like having something current to fall back on should they do yet more last offs here at work. Although the IT market here seems fairly flat. Employers tend to want a lot and offer little in terms of pay and benefits. Think if I want back into IT it'll be out of Florida.