Options

Cisco Press Self Study books? which 1 ? 642-801

william_yeowilliam_yeo Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
hi frenz, i looking forward to buy a Cisco Press Self Study books for 642-801. I found 2 books in Cisco official website, which 1 i should buy for self-study ???? what is the differences betwenn this 2 books ?

http://www.ciscopress.com/title/1587200856

http://www.ciscopress.com/title/158705146X

Comments

• Options
    AlienAlien Member Posts: 398
    I think this topic has been discussed before but i'll give you my five cents all the same. :D

The certification guide concentrates on specific topics that may appear on the exam and is meant solely as a preparation guide for someone with prior knowledge of the technologies involved. It will not teach you everything you need for the exam but sorely prepare you for it assuming you have already taken the course.

The self-study guide on the other hand contains all or most of the informations and will basically teach you the specific course as per the Cisco networking program. Its more like taking the course independently.

If you have experience with CCNP level routing and feel comfortable with the exam objectives, you could go for the certification guide.

In the contrary if you don't have prior experience then its advisable to get the self study guide which is based on Cisco's networking course.

Oh self-study :D . The name explains it. Get the CCNP Self study guide.

Good luck. icon_thumright.gif
    Hard times on planet earth.
  • Options
    eferreiraeferreira Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    In my opinion (and in the opinion of many other Cisco students) the CCNP self-study written by Catherine Paquet and Diane Teare is the best for the BSCI. In fact, It is one of the best Ciscopress books that I have seen.
    The book written by Clare Gough is full of errors and incomplete explanations.
    Additionally, it is an excellent idea to complement the BSCI book with the last edition of one of the CCIE routing books (such as the "CCIE routing TCP/IP volume 1" or "CCIE Routing and Switching certification Guide")
    Good luck
    [/quote]
  • Options
    william_yeowilliam_yeo Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    thanks guys, finally i got a better understanding for these books. icon_cool.gif