Passed CISSP on 6/12/2013 - CBT

spenaspena Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
Passed my CBT CISSP exam yesterday. It's a been an interesting journey but I'm glad that I finally achieved one of my career development goals for this year, especially on my first tryicon_cheers.gif. I had thread before asking for feedback rescheduling the exam, which I did three more times until IC2 increased the fee to $50 from $20 icon_lol.gif

My study plan spanned from Dec 2012 to June 2013 and if any one is interested below were my resources:
1. Shon Harris AIO 5th - Read twice end to end then three more times skimming my notes/highlights.
2. CCCure Quizzes - Completed 1900+ quizzes with Pro/No repeats options enabled. (average high 60s)
3. Eric Konrad Study Guide CISSP Eleventh Hour - Read once end to end, reread my weak domains the night before the exam.
4. Clement's "The Holistic CISSP Exam Preparation and Overview Tutorial"
5. Clement's post regarding the Top 5 Domains in the exam
6. M Overly's CISSP Notes
7. techexams.net/forums
8. CISSP Flashcards for Android - used it during my commute to work.

Finished the exam in three hours and took another 40min to go over my flagged questions. Took one break at around 150 ques for washroom also did some stretches and had a drink to freshen my state of mind as the exam was very draining. Overall I actually found it just little bit easier than CCCure's quizzes, as the quizzes had very detailed questions. Lastly the domain that gave me troubles were BCP and Infosec Gov & Risk Mgmt, study those well!

Currently I am an Associate, I need one more year of infosec experiance before obtaining full CISSP accreditation. Next up is CISA exam on Dec! Quick personal background: 24 yrs/old and working in Access Control Mgt for one of the major banks in Canada.

Comments

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats on the pass and best of luck with the CISA!
  • f0rgiv3nf0rgiv3n Member Posts: 598 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Wooo! Congratulations sir!
  • da_vatoda_vato Member Posts: 445
    Congrats! icon_cheers.gif

Im still in CISSP purgatory..... so Im a little jealous hahah.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
  • ThistlebackThistleback Member Posts: 151
    spena wrote: »
    Passed my CBT CISSP exam yesterday . . . . Currently I am an Associate, I need one more year of infosec experiance before obtaining full CISSP accreditation. Next up is CISA exam on Dec! Quick personal background: 24 yrs/old and working in Access Control Mgt for one of the major banks in Canada.

Congratulations from a fellow banker in the US!
    Feel the fear, and do it anyway!
  • karencisspkarencissp Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass..I have got mine scheduled in two weeks.