Options

Free RHEL instances from AWS

ChooseLifeChooseLife Member Posts: 941 ■■■■■■■□□□
Received a newsletter from Amazon AWS saying that they now offer 750 hours/month of RHEL instances for free.
This should be extremely useful for RedHat certification preparation.
Dear Amazon Web Services Customer,

We are excited to announce that AWS is now offering Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) as an option in addition to Linux/UNIX in the Linux free tier usage pool. You now have the option to run RHEL as part of your 750 hours of free Linux usage each month to test drive RHEL on Amazon EC2.

See the AWS Free Tier Section to learn how to get started with RHEL in the free usage tier, or the Red Hat Section to learn about RHEL on Amazon EC2. Visit the Resources Section to find Getting Started Guides, development tools, and tutorials, or visit the Community Forums to get your questions answered.

Sincerely,
The Amazon Elastic Cloud Compute Team

Also see
https://aws.amazon.com/solutions/global-solution-providers/redhat/

I hope this will not be taken as advertisement, I just happen to be a fan (and a heavy production user) of Amazon AWS.
“You don’t become great by trying to be great. You become great by wanting to do something, and then doing it so hard that you become great in the process.” (c) xkcd #896

GetCertified4Less
- discounted vouchers for certs

Comments

• Options
    UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    Thanks for sharing!

Now that I started the job hunt again, I see AWS mentioned a lot in job ads. It'd be interesting to get a chance to work with AWS :)
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Learn GRC! GRC Mastery : https://grcmastery.com 

• Options
    Welcome icon_smile.gif

In the short few years AWS has grown immensely, they now dominate the public cloud market (I'd argue they single-handedly created it) and challenge traditional data centers, MSPs and hosting providers. For the last several years I have been managing production environments across several public cloud providers, including AWS, as well traditional data centers, and it is just fascinating to see how fast AWS is penetrating the market and maturing as a product...

I'd imagine having AWS on your resume would bring about a lot more hits from recruiters...
    “You don’t become great by trying to be great. You become great by wanting to do something, and then doing it so hard that you become great in the process.” (c) xkcd #896

GetCertified4Less
  • Options
    ChooseLife wrote: »

I'd imagine having AWS on your resume would bring about a lot more hits from recruiters...

Absolutely ! the only trick is how to get this kind of opportunity :)

• Options
    UnixGuy wrote: »
    Absolutely ! the only trick is how to get this kind of opportunity :)
    Just start using it :)
    The free tier includes quite a few things, and even the non-free stuff is not expensive if you run them like a lab, turning them on only when needed.

GetCertified4Less
  • Options
    timmetimme Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Awesome, thanks for the link.
  • Options
    @ChooseLife That's a good idea. Actually I have one month off now (between jobs), so I'm reviewing a bit. I was thinking of learning Puppet or AWS in my free time

• Options
    Sounds GoodSounds Good Member Posts: 403
    They introduced AWS certifications recently if you want to take a look into that.
    On the plate: AWS Solutions Architect - Professional
    Scheduled for: Unscheduled
    Studying with: Linux Academy, aws docs