MCSA Success Story.....

simon86simon86 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello all,
Just a quick note to say that there is hope for anyone that feels downhearted:
Late November I decided that in my new job I would take some exams, so I decided maybe become an MCSA to validate my knowledge:
13/12/05 - 70-270 - Passed
10/01/06 - 70-271 & 70-272 - Passed
17/02/06 - 70-290 - Passed
19/04/06 (TODAY!) - 70-291 - Passed

Just wanted to let all of you know that it is possible, and that if you put your mind to it anything is possible. I work in a mainly Netware environment, with a few 2k3 servers (no a.d though) - I know that a lot of people will say I lack real world experience etc - but I can assure you that my preparation for the exams has given me enough knowledge to use these tools in years to come. I managed to become an MCSA in 6 months, and I think that people with experience of DNS, A.D and things like SUS will fly through these exams.
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone on the site for tips, practice tests that are hosted here and general advice. It is one of the most useful resources I have come across on the web, and I constantly recommend it.
Regarding the topic of the 291 not being 'the beast' - I have to say I agree with this. I expected it to be much harder than it was - I did not score particularly high, but a pass is a pass!! My test only consisted of 40 questions, so finished it in 1 hour 45 mins, time went by quick though. One piece of advice is to go to http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-291.asp and check out what you need to know, and go over it time and time again until you are positive you know them inside out.
I have only just turned 20, so got plenty more certs to fit in over next few years.
I'm going to have a break for while now before I do some more work on Solaris 9, which is always a nice change.

Just my two cents, and hopefully anyone feeling it was un-achievable can take some sort of confidence boost from this :D
Once again thanks to everyone for your help & advice, it is much appreciated.

Comments