Options

Self-Study CPEs

TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hi,

I have a question about self-study CPEs for other CISSP holders. Do you put how many total study hours before taking the exam or do you just put the hours for taking the exam? I ask because recently passing the CCENT would fall into the Telecommunications and Network Security domain and I'd like to get some credit for that -- my total study time was probably around 30 hours. Would ISC2 accept 30 CPE credits for self study?

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    doverdover Member Posts: 184 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I looked this up today coincidentally enough:
    Completing Self-Study, and Attending Computer-Based Training [CBT], Web Casts, and Pod Casts

Members who have studied to obtain an additional professional certification and are awarded that certification can claim up to 30 CPE credits for the preparation or self-study work they did to achieve that certification. If the additional certification is related to the domains of members’ (ISC)2 credential, they would earn 30 Group A credits. If the additional certification is not related to the domains of members’ (ISC)2 credential, they would earn 30 Group B credits. CPE credits associated with obtaining additional professional certifications are awarded for the time they spent in preparation for obtaining the additional credential but not for achieving the certification.

Members should keep documentation of hours spent earning the CPE credits submitted under this category. In the event that they are audited, members are required to provide their records.

Source: https://www.isc2.org/uploadedFiles/%28ISC%292_Member_Content/CPEs/cpe_guidelines.pdf
  • Options
    TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Awesome ... thank you so much! Guess I could of been motivated and checked on the ISC2 website first! :)
  • Options
    doverdover Member Posts: 184 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Ha! No worries...I've been 'meaning' to for about 6 months.

As far as proof in case of audit, I use Google Calendars for tracking study-time, hope that's good enough.