Passed today!

BrinomiteBrinomite Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
Passed this morning! Was blindsided by a few questions but overall scored as expected with my somewhat limited real world experience.

Thanks to all who helped with advice and pointed me in the right direction.

Special thanks to Darill. The info in the intro of your Kindle Shorts really helped on what kind of questions to expect and how to think through them. The rest of the material in them was helpful too, of course.

Whew. One down, A+ and Sec+ to go.

Comments

• SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations!
    Good Luck on the A+ and Sec+.
  • FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats and goodluck!
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!!
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Kopite_21Kopite_21 Member Posts: 194 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
  • shart1971shart1971 Member Posts: 91 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
  • Snow.brosSnow.bros Member Posts: 832 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Congrats!
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Congratulations on the pass. Glad to hear the Kindle Shorts helped.

Good luck with the A+ and Security+ exams.
  • BrinomiteBrinomite Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks all. Think I'll take a week or two to decompress some and then refresh the A+ material.
  • JayBliskJayBlisk Member Posts: 182
    Congrats and good luck on your next cert
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • StephenOnTheGridStephenOnTheGrid Banned Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    very nice. When I took the A+ and N+ they seemed easy for me, but then again I am really into I.T.. For those exams I mainly studied test simulations.
    @StephenOnTheGrid Me too! The 686 is a little harder. It took me two tries to pass it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BrinomiteBrinomite Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    @StephenOnTheGrid Yeah, I'm not nearly as worried about the A+ as I was the N+. The networking concepts were all pretty new to me. Troubleshooting sections is where I struggle(d) the most since I only have experience with the basics and a SOHO I inherited for my dad's business. Enterprise level is a whole different beast. But computers, I have been building and tweaking them for ever. My first computer was an Atari 1200XL with a cassette tape storage. Pretty sure I've run used every version of windows except maybe ME. So A+ should be more about committing the finer points to memory than anything. I haven't found myself scratching my head with a deer in the headlights look when going over the objectives like I did with N+.
    @Brinomite I actually found that the A+ certification was more difficult even though I passed both exams my first time around. Also I have been playing around with computer since the trash 80 "Texas Instrument". I remember when the internet was just BBS bulletin boards services. I actually had dos down to a science when I was a child and that has helped me out a great deal in my studies.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]