Options

CCNP Route

webspongewebsponge Member Posts: 119
OK, so Ive started on the CCNP Route, using the official Cisco book and plenty of CBT nuggets,
I have GNS3 running, but there are so many different LAB books out there,

What is the recommendation of people here? I want a lab book that works with GNS3, and whats the best images to use? my 7201 and 3560 images dont seem to work properly.

Thank you..
CCDP Next

Comments

• Options
    TheNewITGuyTheNewITGuy Member Posts: 169 ■■■■□□□□□□
    1841 is good for route as it will do BGP/EIGRP/OSPF out of the box.
  • Options
    The IT GuyThe IT Guy Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Have you considered gns3vault all | Labs
  • Options
    razarrazar Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    3725 enterprise allows you to do everything including ipv6 routing protocols eigrp, ospf, rip
  • Options
    NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    3725 enterprise allows you to do everything including ipv6 routing protocols eigrp, ospf, rip

Yup! 3725s were good enough for the entire CCNP R&S and CCIP tracks, and I suspect for the CCIE R&S track as well. There are other devices that work and take fewer resources, but if your system can handle these, you're golden. These devices notably also support EtherSwitch modules, which means they can do double duty as switches in many topologies.
  • Options
    djfunzdjfunz Member Posts: 307
    razar wrote: »

Not to mention these guys are dirt cheap and everywhere. We have at least 50 lying around the lab.
    WGU Progress - B.S. IT - Completed
  • Options
    Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm using the latest 2651xm image, this allows for everything up to IPv6 Routing. I'd say you are on a good path though. Lab through the CBT videos and snag up the free lab book. I think there is a sticky somewhere around here that has it. All are good lab practice.
    Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    webspongewebsponge Member Posts: 119
    Thanks all, appreciate the replys and advice :)
    CCDP Next