Microsoft changed their certificate design

OlajuwonOlajuwon Inactive Imported Users Posts: 356
They now have a blue/white shiny, comptia quality certificate. They've been using it for months now. Why did they change the old design? I think it was ok and much better looking than the new design. The new wallet card is off the hook though. :D
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years"

Comments

• woodwormwoodworm Member Posts: 153
    Haven't seen the new style - but I thought the old one was really cheap looking (like a template from Publisher 98?).

The MS certificates you get for attending an official Microsoft Course are much better ....

Anyway, hopefully I will be seeing a new style one for the 290 in a few weeks .... icon_rolleyes.gif
  • VincentZVincentZ Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    If you have to reorder a welcome kit, do you get the old design or the new design? I have always wondered that about MS, and I will find out about what CompTIA does as soon as they ship my replacement A+ that I got about 4 years ago.
  • D-boyD-boy Member Posts: 595
    VincentZ wrote:
    If you have to reorder a welcome kit, do you get the old design or the new design?

You get the new design.

I got my MCSA 2000 recently and I also requested another copy of my MCDST cert, they send both in the new design.

So I have the old design and new design... I did like the old one better...

D-boy
  • namanama Member Posts: 187
    D-boy wrote:
    You get the new design.

I got my MCSA 2000 recently and I also requested another copy of my MCDST cert, they send both in the new design.

So I have the old design and new design... I did like the old one better...

D-boy
    i heard the new design sucks. icon_redface.gif
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    You guys gave me a good idea for a topic in the General Certification forum: a Sticky with picture of the old an new certs. I don't have a scanner, but I'll try to make some good digital photos of my certs and hopefully others can send me a picture of the other certs. All pcitures of cert will be photoshopped to remove the name and add "specimen" in large, of course. From Microsoft and CompTIA I only have the old ones.
  • VincentZVincentZ Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Webmaster wrote:
    You guys gave me a good idea for a topic in the General Certification forum: a Sticky with picture of the old an new certs. I don't have a scanner, but I'll try to make some good digital photos of my certs and hopefully others can send me a picture of the other certs. All pcitures of cert will be photoshopped to remove the name and add "specimen" in large, of course. From Microsoft and CompTIA I only have the old ones.

I'd think it would be neat to see some of the old certs (A+ and MCP from back in the early 90's) just for the courious factor. Although with the new CompTIA certs and cards, I will say that they are more... interesting than the old ones.
  • OlajuwonOlajuwon Inactive Imported Users Posts: 356
    Webmaster wrote:

You don't have the new design posted in that thread. I will post the new design soon.
    "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years"
    Here is the new cert design

mcp.jpg
  • 12thlevelwarrior12thlevelwarrior Member Posts: 302
    too small, can't make it out
    Every man dies, not every man really lives.
  • TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Just got my MCSA certificate in the mail today and I have to be honest ... my MCP and MCDST certificate look better icon_confused.gif

I will say however that the new wallet card kicks the old cards asses though.
  • snooper47374snooper47374 Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I got my MCP certificate yesterday. I'm kind of disappointed actually. Looks soo empty.

The cards are indeed nice though.
    Going to slowly study for 290. Baby due in May.
  • namanama Member Posts: 187
    I got my MCP certificate yesterday. I'm kind of disappointed actually. Looks soo empty.

The cards are indeed nice though.
    is it possible to ask them for change?
  • snooper47374snooper47374 Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I changed my mind. I like the look. Looks good with a nice black frame around it.
    Going to slowly study for 290. Baby due in May.
    I changed my mind. I like the look. Looks good with a nice black frame around it.

Same for me.