Passed the CISSP exam, my thoughts on it

student415student415 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
I took the CISSP exam last week and passed. I'm not sure if I'm able to talk about what questions in general I saw and did not see. It's not what I expected. I was expecting it to have more in-depth technical questions, but for the most part they were higher level questions. To my surprise, I didn't see any Orange Book questions. I read the AIO book front to cover, and then used the official study guide and the Conrad book to cross reference. I made a lot of flashcards, which really helped me cement the concepts in memory. I also used the CCCure quiz engine, which I recommend. The test was 6 hours long. I finished with about 20 minutes left on the clock. It was pretty intensive. When I finished the exam, I felt as though I failed. When I got the printout that said I passed, a big smile appeared on my face. Now I just need to find a CISSP in my area to vouch for my experience.I'm going to work on the CEH certification right now. I just took the assessment test, and I got a 68%. It seems a bunch of the knowledge you learn from the CISSP can carry over.Good luck everyone!

Comments

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
  • student415student415 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thanks JDMurray. You've been a big help answering my questions and reading your other posts on this forum.
  • karencisspkarencissp Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • da_vatoda_vato Member Posts: 445
    Congrats on the pass and good luck with C|EH
  • joebannyjoebanny Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass! Here is my take on the CEH, you've got to actually download and use the various tools. That is what makes the difference. Unlike the CISSP, CEH is not based so much on conceptual stuff, it is the understanding of the tools and the various switches you use with them, my advise, get the Backtrack tool ( free download) which contains most of the tools in one place. Good luck!
  • Chivalry1Chivalry1 Member Posts: 569
    Congrats
    "The recipe for perpetual ignorance is: be satisfied with your opinions and
    content with your knowledge. " Elbert Hubbard (1856 - 1915)
  • _Marauder_Marauder Member Posts: 132 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the CISSP. Good luck on your next cert!
  • webgeekwebgeek Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! GL on CEH
    BS in IT: Information Assurance and Security (Capella) CISSP, GIAC GSEC, Net+, A+
  • ThistlebackThistleback Member Posts: 151
    Congrats on your pass, and good luck with CEH!
    Feel the fear, and do it anyway!
  • blueberriesblueberries Banned Posts: 138
    Congrats, I have found that passing the CISSP is a great icebreaker in striking up a conversation with Shon Harris.
  • corettacoretta Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□