Options

Cisco VPN 2.0 642-648 Practice tests

cjthedj45cjthedj45 Member Posts: 331 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi

Is there anyone who has recently taken the Cisco VPN 2.0 642-648? Im looking for practice exams and cannot find any. I have tried

Boson
Ucertify
Transcender
Examforce
Testout

Any suggestions would be much appreciated

Comments

• Options
    zerothzeroth Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just passed it last Saturday. I too had a hard time finding practice exams and eventually gave up. In the end, knowing ASDM menus and AnyConnect diagnostic output, basic components of the different VPN types, aspects of the IKE/IPSec negotiation process, and the features available with the different VPN types was enough to get through the test.

Wish I could point you in the right direction, but if it's any consolation it's not really a difficult exam unless you have zero experience with VPN setup and troubleshooting.
  • Options
    doverdover Member Posts: 184 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I did the CBT Nuggets 24hour exam cram a couple of days before my test which - I thought - included Transcender practice tests for VPN v2. I didn't end up using any practice exams. I think CBT nuggets also killed off the 24 hour exam cram in favor of the $99 / month subscriptions.

I found it was easier than Firewall but I did a ton of supplemental reading to make sure my bases were covered. Of course, lab till your eyes bleed: Site-site using pre-share, certificate based S-S, remote access, easyvpn, understand the log entries and troubleshooting techniques, blah blah blah....

I found it really useful to lab both ways; GUI first, then CLI. The exam seems heavily weighted towards ASDM but if you understand the CLI commands and syntax, the ASDM becomes much less of an abstract 'wizard.'

The ones I remember:

Cisco ASA 5500 Series Config Guide using the CLI 8.4 and 8.6

Cisco ASA 5500 Series Configuration Guide using ASDM, 6.4. and 6.6

Cisco Secure Desktop Config Guides

Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client Admin Guide (3.0 is on the exam)

IKEV2 RFC 5996

CCNP Security VPN 642-648 Quick Reference

Good luck, I don't think you'll have any problems.
  • Options
    cjthedj45cjthedj45 Member Posts: 331 ■■■□□□□□□□
    cheers Dover and Zeroth. Looks like I will have to attempt without any exam practice then. I do like to do a few practice before hand but looks like I have no choice. Im on the VPN course right now and the instructor is unaware of where you can get practice exams either. He said the books on the course have all the answers and pay partcular attention to the "notes" sections. The exam is on Wednesday so hopefully all the information is fresh in my head from the course. I also have the CBT nuggets vids and a 5505 at home so hopefully this will be enough.