Is there a way around it?

tony71tony71 Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
I tried to sign up for the cissp for the 3rd time but it says can not take it till september. 3rd attempt have to wait 90 days.

I have talked to a friend he said he can get me a job but need security plus. So I'm thinking if I have to wait 90 days might as well study for the security plus. I just hate to reverse gear and study for something else when I took all this time studying for the cissp.

Comments

• broli720broli720 Member Posts: 394 ■■■■□□□□□□
    No way around it and Security+ should be a breeze if you've been preparing for CISSP correctly.
  • sigsoldiersigsoldier Member Posts: 136 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yeah if you have near-CISSP knowledge, the Sec+ shouldn't be a problem. Maybe buy a studyguide to narrow the focus to the Sec+ content? After a week or two of study, go knock it out!
  • da_vatoda_vato Member Posts: 445
    personally I think sec+ is well worth the effort. If you get Darril Gibson's book (arguably one of the best written infosec books) it will give you a better foundation for CISSP or any infosec position for that matter.
  • tony71tony71 Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Took a security plus practice exam so easy. passed it without even studying.

Wish cissp was like this. lol
  • Vik210Vik210 Member Posts: 197
    How about doing SSCP in next month or so? Dont think they will stop you from doing it and it will also help you with CISSP.
    That is a thought. Not only I can study for it but it helps towards the CISSP at the end.
  • andhowandhow Member Posts: 151
    After the CISSP test, Security+ was remarkably easy. You also get the results immediately, which is great! If I recall correctly, I completed my Security+ while waiting for my CISSP certification to come through.
    I know what you mean. I went to the security plus forum they make it sound like it is a very hard exam.

I took a practice exam 3 days ago and it was like a walk in the park. lol

I already signed up to take the exam next week.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    tony71 wrote: »
    I took a practice exam 3 days ago and it was like a walk in the park. lol

I already signed up to take the exam next week.
    Please let us all know how different you found the real exam from a practice exam. ;)
  • solinussolinus Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Why are they making you wait? Are there just no available seats?
    The reason they are making me wait is because I took the exam back in april and failed got 677
    Waited 30 days took it again and got 653. So after the second time you have to wait 90 days and if the 3 time you fail then it is 180 days wait.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    That's done to prevent people from repeatedly taking exams to memorize exam items for authoring study (cheating) materials. Once upon a time, you could take those exam over and over as frequently as you liked--even after you had already passed. Once it was realized why people did this, safeguards were put into place to make it much more difficult to retake an exam multiple times. It's the same idea as using an ever-increasing delay when re-displaying a password prompt to discourage brute force password guessing.
    Passed the security + it was very easy. After having studying for cissp most of the stuff was just common knowledge.
  • andhowandhow Member Posts: 151
  • kalkan999kalkan999 Member Posts: 269 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yea, I took my Security + exam back in 2004 and studied hard because I was still relatively new at the game, and I DON'T ****, and I was out of the Prometric testing center in 20 minutes with a passing grade.
    Just for fun, and on a bet with my current employees who work for me, I took my Security + exam again, even though I am 'grandfathered' in, and I have my CISSP anyway. No studying...no preparation, and didn't miss a question. I am not bragging, I am sharing this with you because I smoked the test because I spent so much time studying for and prepping for the CISSP, that Security + was Super easy. And I see it was for you as well. Good luck on your test in September. Remember, DON'T forget that the Security + is a purely technical test only. It's good prep, but THINK like a manager when you go into this test.
    The problem with me I'm technical so when I go into CISSP I keep thinking technical when I should be thinking as a manager.
    One thing for sure no more AIO, will stick to Eric Conrad and cccure exam.