Officially a CISSP, Yeah!!

f0rgiv3nf0rgiv3n Member Posts: 598 ■■■■□□□□□□
I got the email today that I am now officially a CISSP.

Passed the exam May 31.
Submitted endorsement assistance paperwork June 11.
Provided missing docs June 19.
Received email June 26.

SO Stoked! This has been a long-term goal/dream of mine that I wasn't sure if I'd ever get here. It's amazing to be able to say that I've had the required experience and knowledge to become a part of the community of CISSPs.

Comments

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
  • Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats man, well deserved!
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • Vik210Vik210 Member Posts: 197
    Congrats!!
    I want that email too but guess I have the attempt the exam first;)
  • da_vatoda_vato Member Posts: 445
    Now guess who's jealous...
    <<<<<< this guy<<<<<

Congrats!, maybe one day my endorser will submit documents and I can join the official ranks as well....
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats! I hope to test by the end of August.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • f0rgiv3nf0rgiv3n Member Posts: 598 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Woo! Thank you! Hey da_vato... I believe you had taken the test and/or had your paperwork together before I did? Maybe you should consider endorsement assistance :) . I didn't know any CISSPs well enough to ask so I just did it without. It still didn't take too long!
  • n3twork3rn3twork3r Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
  • da_vatoda_vato Member Posts: 445
    f0rgiv3n wrote: »
    Woo! Thank you! Hey da_vato... I believe you had taken the test and/or had your paperwork together before I did? Maybe you should consider endorsement assistance :) . I didn't know any CISSPs well enough to ask so I just did it without. It still didn't take too long!

The only thing that worries me is most of my infosec time comes from the army (ten years worth) and two years from current job. The longest I was at a duty station was 2-3 years so most people in previous units have moved on to other duty stations or retired.... So some time could potentially be unprovable (well extremely difficult anyways) not to mention all the classified work I did. In the army evaluations are written pretty high level since they encompass all aspects like shooting on the range, soldier skills type training and heavy on leadership in my case and so on.

Since you went the endorsement assistance route what paperwork did they kick you back for? Maybe I should try that route anyways.
    Well it was a bit of a PITA to get all the required documentation for the assistance. I needed:
    - Verification of employment for all employers I referenced
    - Contact information for the supervisors in the positions I referenced
    - Updated Resume
    - ISC2's endorsement assistance paperwork filled out

I don't think they require contact information for your supervisors for every position, because that's not always possible. But I figure if you could get those things taken care of it shouldn't be a problem. The Verification of Employment was what I got kick back for. They require that black and white.
  • joebannyjoebanny Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! It is a great feeling, isn't it?
  • danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations what an accomplishment hats off to ya! Do you have any advice for someone like me that wants to take the CISSP exam but unsure if I have the credentials for a full CISSP? Thanks! and congrats again!
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
    Hey danny, thanks! Nothing's stopping you from becoming an associate of isc2 for CISSP. You can take the exam without having the required experience and that will be your official title. Go on over to ISC2's website and read up on the experience requirements and what an associate of ISC2 is.

By having the experience it will make understanding the material easier so it all depends on your current level of experience. As i've read quite a few times, there really aren't that many "entry" level security jobs. Normally people transition into security after mastering one of their other specialties like networking, application development, web development, database administration, etc...