SWITCH passed!

iamme4evaiamme4eva Member Posts: 272
Hey,

I passed my SWITCH exam on Friday. Haven't really been on here much while studying for it.

I have to say, it's the hardest exam I've done yet. I really struggled with it, and was amazed and let out a whispered "YES!" when it said I got 847/1000. I was genuinely surprised. It was like chalk and cheese to the ROUTE exam, which I actually enjoyed.

I started with the OCG, but moved on to CCNP SWITCH Simplified which I bought on Kindle. By the time I did the exam, I'd read both of them front to back, and put a fair few evenings in the spare bedroom lost in my lab. I definitely found the Simplified book better than the OCG.

Just TSHOOT to go - supposed to be the easy one though, right? Going to build the topology at home and hopefully get it done in the next couple of weeks or so.

As always, thanks to all of you guys for any help you've given.

Nick.
Current objective: CCNA Security
My blog: mybraindump.co.uk

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • iamme4evaiamme4eva Member Posts: 272
    Thanks!
  • Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Congrats! You're pretty much a CCNP, TSHOOT shouldn't be that much of an issue.
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • iamme4evaiamme4eva Member Posts: 272
    Cheers, I've booked it for tomorrow morning. Just hope I'm not being too cocky!!!
  • Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Yeah confidence is good but don't underestimate it :D
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • CorzaCorza Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I think ROUTE is the hardest. SWITCH is all theory more than anything.

Congrats! I passed SWITCH last week, one more to go.
  • f0rgiv3nf0rgiv3n Member Posts: 598 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! I agree with you iamme4eva, I thought that switch was a tricky exam. If you're taking the exam soon I'd also watch the bull's eye strategy ccnp troubleshoot videos on youtube, it helped me a lot!
  • coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations!!
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63