Mastering VMware vSphere series

tbgree00tbgree00 Member Posts: 553 ■■■■□□□□□□
I feel like Scott Lowe's book Mastering VMware vSphere 5 is one of the best tech books I own and the only one I've read multiple times. There are a lot of changes in the installation of 5.1 and I'm curious if there's an update coming. Everyone in my department has read through this book and it would be a lot easier on me to hand them an update than to have to individually teach them about the new stuff.
I finally started that blog - www.thomgreene.com

Comments

• dave330idave330i Member Posts: 2,091 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Probably not. Best to use VMware install pdf.
    2018 Certification Goals: Maybe VMware Sales Cert
    "Simplify, then add lightness" -Colin Chapman
  • tbgree00tbgree00 Member Posts: 553 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yeah, that's what I used for the installs I've done. I just liked his writing style. I guess it will wait until v6.

Maybe as part of my training the other techs I will write a "VMware PDF to english" **** sheet. I can't give people a PDF and expect them to pay any attention to it but a post it flagged book typically gets read.
    I finally started that blog - www.thomgreene.com
  • kj0kj0 Member Posts: 767
    I'm using Scott Lowe's Matering vSphere 5 and after coming from reading the MS Press books, This book is amazing! I'm not sure if it is because it is written by one person so the style stays the same, or he just has a gift of writing, but look no further, it is the only book to use.

However, I do wish there was a 5.1 book, but at the same time, it is really good, because it gives me the challenge of working out the differences and also have a go to get it going.
    2017 Goals: VCP6-DCV | VCIX
    Blog: https://readysetvirtual.wordpress.com
  • MikdillyMikdilly Member Posts: 309
    I found his email address in the book a while back and emailed him about an update, here's his response:

Sorry, there will not be an update of the book for vSphere 5.1.

Good luck to you!

--
    Scott