Anybody ever transfer comptia credits towards microsoft?

I would like to transfer my net+ and A+ towards my mcsa.. Any idea were to start?

thanks
Xinxing is the hairy one.

Comments

• janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Good question. I'm going for MCSA too. Just starting 70-210.

Try http://www.microsoft.com/traincert/mcp/mcsa/faq.asp
    then go from there.
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I am doing the same thing. I'll drop the link here when I get home after work today.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • pandimuspandimus Member Posts: 651
    cool thanks guy's.. Found the link with your help

http://www.comptia.org/certification/related/ms_apply.asp

For some reason I was looking through MS.
    Matter of fact i just did it.. Easy as heck.. Just add your mcp id, and compID and your infor name and address and click submit.
  • PavlovPavlov Member Posts: 264
    You may also want to follow up on the CompTIA site. It's been a while since I did it, but as I recall, there was an application that had to be filled out on the CompTIA website and then they forward that on to Microsoft.
    Pavlov
    A+, Net+, i-Net+, CIW-A
    MCP NT4, MCSA 2K, MCSE 2K
    Simply Amazing!!! It took less than 24 hours and i recieved an email from microsoft stating that my A+ and Net + have been added.. I checked my transcript and violia... Thats fast response if ive ever seen it..
  • tahjzhuantahjzhuan Member Posts: 288 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I was looking for this link earlier after my net+ test. It's seems like I'll have to get the A+ 1st and transfer all the credit at once. I've decided to study for 218 and save A+ for last.
  • Macpro76Macpro76 Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have just transfered (6/28/2013) my A+, Net+, Server+, Security+ to my MCP transcript.
    I talked to the MCP rep about how this benefits me?
    This is what he emailed me back with:

=====
    "Hello,

This is a follow up response to your phone call regarding upgrade path from MCSA 2003 certification.

Once you would achieve MCSA and MCSE certification on Windows server 2003, you may only take Windows server 2008 transition exam 70-649 in order to achieve following MCTS certifications as there would be no need to take exam 70-648:

MCTS: Windows Server 2008 Active Directory Configuration
    MCTS: Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure Configuration
    MCTS: Windows Server 2008 Applications Infrastructure Configuration

You may then take these exams to upgrade to MCITP: Enterprise Administrator certification on Windows server 2008:

1 Windows T Configuring exam ? 70-680.
    1 Professional series Enterprise Administrator certification ? 70-647

MCITP: Enterprise Administrator 2008 certification will be retired on July 31, 2013. You must meet all of the requirements for this certification prior to July 31, 2013, in order to earn this certification.

If you would take the exam 70-646 with all these exams, you would also achieve MCITP: Server Administrator certification on Windows server 2008.

By passing the exams for this certification, you?ll earn your MCSA: Windows Server 2008 certification.

To upgrade MCSA: Windows Server 2008 Certification and MCITP: Enterprise Administrator on Windows Server 2008, you can take exam, 70-417 Upgrading Your Skills to MCSA Windows Server 2012.

Please visit the below mentioned link to confirm the above information and to check the details for the upgrade exam:

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/mcsa-windows-server-certification.aspx

In case you want to upgrade to MCSE 2012 after you achieve MCSA Windows Server 2012, you will have to take two exams:

70-413 and 70-414.

For more information and about the direct path for MCSE: Server infrastructure, please visit the below given link:

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/mcse-server-infrastructure-certification.aspx"
    ==============

Has anyone else done this recently? What was your outcome? How did you these as 'electives' towards MCP certs?

ps. If this post is in the wrong heading, please move it.
    [ ] PDI+, [ ] Cloud Essentials, /B] [B Project+
    [*
    ] CompTIA: A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Healthcare IT, Green IT
    /B]*[SIZE=2 MTA: Server, OS, Network, Security
    /SIZE]*[SIZE=2 Apple: ACSP v10.8, ACMT v10.8, Mac Integration v10.7 & v10.8 [/SIZE]

Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/tdadarwala/
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Well,
    resurrecting a thread that is 9.5 years old is indeed questionable.

However, the topic is on track, therefore at this point I see no reason to split it other than...it is 9.5 years OLD! ;)

I transferred my CompTIA certs back about the time of this thread, so, no not recently. Outcome, as expected at the time and pretty straightforward. Specifically, don't recall...
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?