From "Windows Guy" to RHCE in 6 months!

I took the RHCE exam on Friday, and this went a lot smoother than my RHCSA outing last month - I had tons of time to double & triple check everything.

Just got my results, and I passed with a 273 out of 300!

I've spent the past 6 months prepping for the RHCSA & RHCE, using Michael Jang's book & lab manual as my main resource. Even though I've always worked more with Windows throughout my career, I have a lot of experience with Red Hat and other distros - I realized as I was studying that I knew a lot more Linux than I gave myself credit for, I just hadn't committed as much of the day to day stuff to memory.

Anyway, while it's all still fresh in my mind, I might go for LPIC-1 at least, and maybe LPIC-2.
"Start by doing what is necessary, then do what is possible; suddenly, you are doing the impossible." - St. Francis of Assisi

Comments

• UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    Congratulations! Excellent job nailing the RHCE icon_thumright.gif

Are you looking to change jobs to 100% linux?
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE 

• jmritenourjmritenour Member Posts: 565
    Nah, not really looking for a chance at this point. Honestly, my company needed another person to get some technical certs to move up a level in Red Hat partnership, and when asked for volunteers, I stepped up. I don't really like the direction Windows is going, and I'm hoping I'll get more Linux based project coming my way. I'm pretty dialed into virtulization as my specialty at this point, and I'd like to do something with KVM & Openstack sooner or later.
    "Start by doing what is necessary, then do what is possible; suddenly, you are doing the impossible." - St. Francis of Assisi
  • coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations!!! Welcome to the RHCE familyicon_smile.gif
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"