Failed 70-689

RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□
Took the exam this morning...failed with a 515 =\

Even though it was a free exam I would've loved to take advantage at the open opportunity. Disappointed in the fact I still have to wait for relevant study material to be released for this exam before going back to it.

The exam did not seem that hard, I actually felt like I was doing pretty well on both parts. I got one part with a passing score which was 730 on the 70-687 section. I got the 515 on the 70-688 part of the exam. I think what got me was the new terminology of what they call some of the Windows 8 features. Terms like File History and the new Windows Recovery stuff

I need more study material for this (hoping the Darril Gibson book comes out soon). The best study material I found was using MVA and a few links on here

If anyone has any success with certain study material please share

Comments

• horusthesunhorusthesun Member Posts: 289
    RomBUS wrote: »
    Took the exam this morning...failed with a 515 =\

Even though it was a free exam I would've loved to take advantage at the open opportunity. Disappointed in the fact I still have to wait for relevant study material to be released for this exam before going back to it.

The exam did not seem that hard, I actually felt like I was doing pretty well on both parts. I got one part with a passing score which was 730 on the 70-687 section. I got the 515 on the 70-688 part of the exam. I think what got me was the new terminology of what they call some of the Windows 8 features. Terms like File History and the new Windows Recovery stuff

I need more study material for this (hoping the Darril Gibson book comes out soon). The best study material I found was using MVA and a few links on here

If anyone has any success with certain study material please share

I would live and breathe in Technet for awhile and read everything that deals with new technologies
    I am doing that right now, reading about Windows Intune
  • RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Cool

I did look up Windows Intune extensively and the exam did cover that a bit. Also, if you haven't done so do a little bit of Office 365 as well, there was a question or two about that (surprised by that but I've deployed O365 so I was prepared)
    Cool

I did look up Windows Intune extensively and the exam did cover that a bit. Also, if you haven't done so do a little bit of Office 365 as well, there was a question or two about that (surprised by that but I've deployed O365 so I was prepared)

I will subscribe to 365 mmm NOW. Thanks
    Cool

RomBUS,
    did you watch the videos from CBT nuggets ?
    No I did not, I don't see it worth the money from my standpoint for paying that kind of money when I would only watch it when studying for my next test. The return would be minimal
    I see .. how about the spring board series ?
    I believe I've watched a few of those.

Do you have a link to share so I can take a look-see?
    I believe I've watched a few of those.

Do you have a link to share so I can take a look-see?

Springboard Series Tour
    Thanks for that
    Thanks for that

I hope they help
  • Falcon56Falcon56 Member Posts: 94 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have to disagree about the CBT Nuggets series. I watched 15 of the 20 videos and I felt they helped .... A LOT! I also liked the Springboard Series stuff as well. I'm not a shill for CBT Nuggets (I actually like TestOut's stuff the best) but I thought the info that Tim Warner provided in the videos was a great guide for me to go and dig into other stuff. The series is only $99 for a month and you can cancel after that.

Also, since you weren't successful on the 70-688 part, I see MeasureUP has their 70-688 material 30% off right now....you might consider that as well......just a thought
    I passed the 70-688
    I am now MCSA windows 8
  • bsddaemon0bsddaemon0 Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
    What did you use for the 70-688 exam?
    TrainSignal
    Technet
    trail Subs from mircosoft