Failed with 692!!!

maddy1maddy1 Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
icon_sad.gif I am jst sharing my bad experience today!!! Got 692 icon_sad.gificon_sad.gif!!! I was getting so freaked out seeing my result paper, never expected this. Bt i did realised this whn the proctor handed me the printout "INVERTED". icon_redface.gif

GOD!! WHY??? I prepared so hard for this, day-in day-out!! Now i feel so embarrased goin back to work again after a 2week long holiday :[

Bt hats off to ISC2..Really the questions were jst awsome, very close answers. Now i realise tht u definetly need som hands-on experience to make it!!

So, i now realise tht its not my cup of tea any longer...will start preparing fr GRE i guess now! So this is me signing off from this really grt forum. Keep on helping others! N also, thanks TBRAYS fr encouraging me to study with your blog, which has now obviously turned futile!!!

NAMASTE EVERYONE!!!

Comments

• doverdover Member Posts: 184 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Maddy,

You are being way too hard on yourself.

It is just an exam; it isn't a reflection of your self-worth, abilities or potential. If you take anything away from TB's blogs and forum posts it should be that persistence and determination are necessary to overcome an initial setback.

There is no shame in failure - particularly by 8 points - but you may regret accepting a 'defeat' by not trying again.

Then again, an advanced degree may be what your future holds. Either way, good luck in whatever path you decide to take.
  • maddy1maddy1 Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks dover fr the reply!! Act i ws in a self-critical mode at tht time...mayb the after effect had taken too much on me..:)

Bt nw i hv relaxed a lil bit. bt i'm thinkin if i shd giv it one more try or not?? or mayb wait fr sometime!! still confused! icon_exclaim.gif
  • TBRAYSTBRAYS Member Posts: 267
    Maddy1 you are too too hard on yourself, I have over 10 years experience in the field and I passed on my 3rd attempt. Some others on here can also share the same experience as myself. Don't wait too long to re-take it, brush up on your weak areas and go back at it. Don't be weak and allow this exam to defeat you, go back at it and kick its a....., you got this!
    Bachelors of Science in Technical Management - Devry University
    Masters of Information Systems Management with Enterprise Information Security - Walden University
    Masters of Science in Information Assurance - Western Governors University
    Masters of Science Cyber Security/Digital Forensics - University of South Florida
    Thanks TBRAYS again!
    Now this is the super confidence booster if u r true! :) Thnx a lot!
  • emerald_octaneemerald_octane Member Posts: 613
    Don't give up. 8 points. That could've just been a misread question or some obscure detail; but you got alot of the other material down. Jump rite back in!
  • joebannyjoebanny Member Posts: 84 ■■■□□□□□□□
    @Maddy1, let me echo others here, I passed the CEH on my 2nd attempt, I was so discouraged after the 1st time, since I actually took a whole week off work to prepare! However, I decided not to give up andd did a post-mortem of why I didn't pass? I quickly realized that what I needed to do was to get my hands wet with the tools, I also got my practice exams and I nailed it the 2nd time! I hope this will inspire you to get back to the drawing board. Find out what area(s) you need to brush up on, takes more tests and I'm sure you will prevail- good luck!
    Thanks everyone fr the replies! That motivation factor has really helped me. Act i ws disappointed tht it ws left by 8 marks!! I should hav either failed by 650's or should have cleared it all. That feeling of living life on the edgee is very sad. Imagine a life full of luxury,fame and contention and on the contrary a life full of regret or rather guilt!! that guilt tht if it ws only 1 questn or so, u wd have been completely different!! Bt i think this how life is. u dont kno whats on the other side!
    I guess i'm throwing too much philosophy now :) Bt i have decided to giv it one more shot mayb a month or 2 latr and bang it on its head with full force!!!!!!
    maddy1 wrote: »
    Thanks everyone fr the replies! That motivation factor has really helped me. Act i ws disappointed tht it ws left by 8 marks!! I should hav either failed by 650's or should have cleared it all. That feeling of living life on the edgee is very sad. Imagine a life full of luxury,fame and contention and on the contrary a life full of regret or rather guilt!! that guilt tht if it ws only 1 questn or so, u wd have been completely different!! Bt i think this how life is. u dont kno whats on the other side!
    I guess i'm throwing too much philosophy now :) Bt i have decided to giv it one more shot mayb a month or 2 latr and bang it on its head with full force!!!!!!

If I were you, I would take it again between 30 to 45 days....
    Masters of Information Systems Management with Enterprise Information Security - Walden University
    Masters of Science Cyber Security/Digital Forensics - University of South Florida
  • ThistlebackThistleback Member Posts: 151
    Maddy1, the only thing you'll regret is if you give up now. Hang in there!
    Feel the fear, and do it anyway!
    Hi all, now after regaining my strength i'm planning to give the exam again in coming month.
    Bt i'm confusd on what material to study?? Act studying is one, but fr clearing the exam you need to practice papers..So ws thinkin on how to got abt this? bcoz i personally feel that cccure is too technical which is not required fr this exam...so hw to plan for the nxt battle?? My exam result showed Crypto and legal/regulations as my weakest domains!! Surprisingly, i thout those were my strongest!:) Mayb thats why i went loose on them.

So requesting everyone to guide me on this!! PLZ.
  • jfitzgjfitzg Member Posts: 102 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Is your keyboard broken?
    :) Nope!! Bt i hope u are able to understand what i'm trying to convey!
  • tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Reading your posts makes my head hurt... lol

I failed the first time I took it, I passed the next time but looking back knowing what I know "now" I would have only taken it in the last couple of years due to my current and recent jobs.

Reason is I had a heck of a time "thinking like a manager" back then where as now due to my work experience it is much easier.
    @tpatt100 so how mch time did you took to appear again fr the exam??
    Guys plz reply!!
    @ TBRAYS..u r my only last hope now!!icon_rolleyes.gif!
    I would say read Eric Conrad Study Guide and do the end of the chapter quizzes. Last but not least RELAX, lol!
  • AktherAkther Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Maddy1,

If you are in Bangalore, there is a CISSP aspirants study group helping each other. They are conducting CISSP sessions every week ends.
    @akther sorry but i'm based in mumbai!! Bt is that an online group?? If yes, i would definitely like to associate with the group..
  • bobloblawbobloblaw Member Posts: 228
    You got a 692. No need to be disappointed. I thought I failed halfway through the test and was somehow lucky enough to pass it the first time. I was literally preparing my retake strategy during a break.

How many practice quiz sets were you using? I'd use as many different quizzers as I could right up until you retake the exam. I'd also recommend making some flash cards if you haven't already.
  • AktherAkther Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Maddy1

They are more focused in class room based discussion.
    @bobloblaw- i used Total tester, cccure(Free), shon harris practice exams book 2nd edition, n questions from McGraw-Hill Education | CISSP Practice Exams. that's it!! But now I've started to realize that i need to practice more questions. what do you say??
    Also i feel that after finishing the exam you should definitely review all your questions before submitting.. i think this was my major turning point!!
    while reviewing back my questions i made a lot of corrections. N who says you can finish the exam within 3 hrs icon_confused.gif: Hell No!! if u r writing it the first time or if u r not "Chacha Choudhary" [Quote : Chacha Choudhary is an Indian comic character whose brain works faster than a computer!!icon_lol.gif]

Replies awaited!!
  • joebannyjoebanny Member Posts: 84 ■■■□□□□□□□
    @Maddy1, I agree totally with reviewing, of the total 6 hours, I took approximately 5 hrs between answering questions, taking a little snack/water/bath room breaks and the last 1 hour to go over everything when I took mine, and without doubt I believe that made a huge difference.
  • HumbeHumbe Member Posts: 202
    I didn't pass the ISSAP exam by 40 points. It brought me down as this is was the first time I ever failed an exam. Make sure to bounce back strong and you will have a greater chance to reach your goal.
    @joebanny its great that you took 1 hr to review. I could only review 50 something questions as had only 15 min for review..icon_cry.gif
    Hello Guys, one question!!
    Do reading CISA review manual be of any help fr cissp exam? Jst got 1 copy from a friend n was thinking if i should glance through it or stick to the conrad and harris plan?? Reply!
  • bobloblawbobloblaw Member Posts: 228
    Stick to your CISSP study material.
  • ppypo123ppypo123 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    @akther
    could you please pm me the details of Bangalore study group? I am in Bangalore and willing to join them.