ICND1 done!

subsooner711subsooner711 Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
Figured I would get my pat on the back thread out of the way. Sat the exam on Thursday, and passed with an 850. I used a combination of:

Lammle's book
Packet Tracer
Home lab
Boson tests
CBT Nuggets
INE videos

The Boson exams, Lammle's book, and INE videos probably helped me the most. I will echo what most say in that the Boson exams were more difficult than the actual exam. I liked the INE videos a bit more than CBT nuggets. I liked that they went a little more in depth.

The practice exams from Boson really helped out. They make you think, and really test your knowledge. They also help with just the format and presentation of the exam.

Comments

• Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif

Good luck on CCNA
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • t5yll4t5yll4 Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Next stop....ICND2!
    2015 Certification Goals:
    [ ] JNCDA (August), [ ] JNCIA-Junos (September), [ ] CCDA (pending), [ ] CCNP RS (tentative November)

"Duty then is the sublimest word in the English language. You should do your duty in all things. You can never do more, you should never wish to do less."
    - Robert E. Lee
  • Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Congrats!
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • krjaykrjay Member Posts: 290
    Congrats.
    2014 Certification Goals: 70-410 [ ] CCNA:S [ ] Linux+ [ ]
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats. Seems as though there are a few of us eyeing ICND 2 at the same time.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations!
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • PCHoldmannPCHoldmann Member Posts: 450
    Congrats!
    There's no place like ^$
    Visit me at Route, Switch, Blog
  • hunterthuntert Banned Posts: 231
  • SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations!
    Good luck on the ICND2.
  • shezy77shezy77 Member Posts: 160
    Congrats on the pass and good luck for ICND 2 icon_thumright.gif
    2013: ICND1 [Passed] ... ICND2 [Passed] ... VCA-DCV [Passed] ... 70-410 [Passed] ... 70-411 [Passed] ... VCA-Cloud [Passed] ... VCA-WM [Passed] ... 70-412 [Passed]

2014: 74-409 [Passed] ... VCP5 [Passed]
    Current working on: VCAP5-DCA