ISSAP Exam Path & Experience

HumbeHumbe Member Posts: 202
I would like to share a timeline of my path towards the ISSAP certification.

February 1st - Received the Official Guide to the ISSAP from Amazon (Kindle version)
February 10th - Finished the Cryptology
February 18th - Finished the BCP / DRP Chapter
February 24th - Finished the whole book
February 25th - Reviewed notes taken and read some parts of the book again
February 26th - Reviewed notes
February 27th - Reviewed notes and read Cryptology chapter again
February 28th - Reviewing final notes !!

Exam Scheduled: March 1st at 2 PM

I'll keep updating the thread as my dateline approaches.

Comments

• badrottiebadrottie Member Posts: 116
    Keep us informed on your progress, and best of luck! I'll be going for this next and am always interested in hearing what others have to say.
  • moyondizvomoyondizvo Member Posts: 155
    Hey Humbe, I am quite impressed that you are already going for the ISSAP, probably a good strategy seeing that the CISSP material is still fresh in your head. All the best, I will definately be following your posts.
  • beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    It will be interesting to get your take on the exam as well. Good luck and read those biblios.

- beads
  • HumbeHumbe Member Posts: 202
    Thanks guys.

I'll definitely keep the thread updated as I keep moving ahead.

One thing I've noticed is that you have an advantage if you have all the CISSP material fresh in your head.
  • dijital1dijital1 Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I think that you'll enjoy the ISSAP exam. By far, it's been my favorite exam from ISC2. As others have said, having the CISSP materials fresh in your head will be useful.

I'm prepping for should be my final exam from ISC2 (ISSMP) unless I decide to do the CAP at some point.

Enjoy the exam. I'm sure that you'll do we'll. Sounds like you're taking the right approach to preparing for it.
  • FalasiFalasi Member Posts: 115
    The book is really a smooth read, Planning for ISSAP on 7th March , good luck.

@dijital1: ISSMP is tricky , however it have almost the same areas as CISM, I've done both within 3 weeks of each others and passed both.
    dijital1 wrote: »
    I think that you'll enjoy the ISSAP exam. By far, it's been my favorite exam from ISC2. As others have said, having the CISSP materials fresh in your head will be useful.

I'm prepping for should be my final exam from ISC2 (ISSMP) unless I decide to do the CAP at some point.

Enjoy the exam. I'm sure that you'll do we'll. Sounds like you're taking the right approach to preparing for it.

Thanks dijital !

I bought the books for the ISSAP, ISSEP, and ISSMP together. Hopefully if I get the ISSAP this week I'll be moving forward with the other exams as well.

:)
    Added more notes to the main post.
    Tomorrow is the big day !

I'm finishing reading some notes and straight to bed to get some good rest.
  • t17hhat17hha Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good Luck Humbe!! All the best!
    All the best Humbe...How did you go with CEH? Told you I will be watching you icon_lol.gif
    Thanks guys !!

I'll definitely write back tomorrow with the result!

The CEH will come after this monster test icon_wink.gif I got the voucher # from EC-Council already. I just have to schedule the test now icon_lol.gif
    I took the exam yesterday and failed it by 80 points icon_sad.gif

I'll try to retake it by the end of the month.
  • RanMicRanMic Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Humbe wrote: »
    I took the exam yesterday and failed it by 80 points icon_sad.gif

I'll try to retake it by the end of the month.

Damn dude. Sorry! Dont let it beat you up too much. Just hang in there and you'll be fine on the next one.

Let me know if I can help in any way.
    Which areas do you think you had the most trouble with mate? Like if you think about the questions that were difficult (where you had to guess), can you recall them? Try to focus on those areas when you prepare again. You'll get it next time.
    Humbe...I applaud you man, that's a good effort, just like what everybody else is saying, don't give up, get back into it and book for the exam soon again , at least you now have a clearer idea of what to expect. I know it's always easier said than done but don't be too demoralized, you are almost there.

I applaud you. Keep this post updated cause I wanna watch your progress, believe me, all this that you are going through is inspiring me...icon_thumright.gif
    Thanks guys I really appreciate the comments.

I had some trouble with Crypto as 2/4 of the exam were Crypto related questions. I still feel a bit disappointed since this is the first exam I've ever failed. Hopefully I'll let everything behind and resume my studies starting tomorrow. I'll keep you guys updated and I won't stop until I get this test out of the way.
  • FalasiFalasi Member Posts: 115
    Just Done with the exam , not sure how but I've passed. Most of my questions were related to DR and Access control. I felt that the exam is not related to the book but about general understanding of the domain.... first few questions I was failing to answer anything... took deep breath... slaped my face few times... and managed to get back into answering.

GL on your next try.
    Congrats Falasi !

I'm not sure what happened to my exam but I don't want to believe I'm the lucky one (most questions Crypto) icon_sad.gif
    Congrats Falasi
  • beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    @Falasi;

Yep. Felt much the same on both fronts. First. I passed? Really? Cool. Second. What's with the crypto questions and just where did these questions come from? LOL.

- beads
    beads wrote: »
    @Falasi;

Yep. Felt much the same on both fronts. First. I passed? Really? Cool. Second. What's with the crypto questions and just where did these questions come from? LOL.

- beads

Exactly how I felt... -____-

I'm waiting for the 30 days ISC2 re-take policy and let's see all the changes to the ISSAP on April 1st...
    Quick update on the thread:

I'll be resuming my studies after my honeymoon (next week). I was kinda force to take some time off as I'm getting married this Friday. I'm looking forward getting the ISSAP behind me.
  • eliotneliotn Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Humbe wrote: »
    Quick update on the thread:

I'll be resuming my studies after my honeymoon (next week). I was kinda force to take some time off as I'm getting married this Friday. I'm looking forward getting the ISSAP behind me.

Congrats. Good luck on your honeymoon. Can you provide some feedback from the actual exam? I'm sitting it on this Sat (08/10).
    Thanks
    Most of my exam was crypto related.

I wish I could go in details but you really have to understand all the concepts presented in the ISSAP book.

Good luck with your exam and go with a positive mind set!!