Options

RHCSA Training

Hi there,

Has anyone here done the RHCSA training through Red Hat either at their own expense or their company's expense.
Roughly $7000 for the RH124 and RH135 + exam. What did you think of it? Was it worth it? Did you get a lot out of it etc..
Or if anyone has done it through another RTO and what your experience was like.

I understand the self study route buying a couple of books and labbing the objectives via virtual machines. This is probably what I will end up doing.

Just trying to get an idea/info/experiences on the classroom training as I can't really find any reviews or articles about it online.
Cheers.

Comments

• Options
    brombulecbrombulec Member Posts: 186 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You don't need 124 course. 135 is more than enough if you have a basic knowledge of linux. The course is very clear and if you'll spent about 3 weeks in lab (2-3h/day) you'll pass the exam with 90% score.

--
    Regards
  • Options
    chanakyajupudichanakyajupudi Member Posts: 712
    Get the Michael Jang book , Lab and understand what you are doing. Follow the Blue Print and you are good to go !

Cheers
    Work In Progress - RHCA [ ] Certified Cloud Security Professional [ ] GMON/GWAPT if Work Study is accepted [ ]
    http://adarsh.amazonwebservices.ninja

• Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    At that price you are better off self studying and if you can take the test nearby or within reasonable travel take the test. If you fail at least you know what to expect the next time you take it but still well below the price of the class.
  • Options
    BryzeyBryzey Member Posts: 260
    Yeah once I have finished linux+ I plan to self study the rhcsa with books and a good cbt video series if one exists and virtual machines.

I was just hoping to understand the official red hat training a little better and what it is all about.
  • Options
    chanakyajupudichanakyajupudi Member Posts: 712
    Its all about the slides. Most of the labs are to be done at your own time. Redhat training is required after the RHCE. Before that you can mange with the Jang Book. linuxcbt.com is another place where you can get good linux tutorials at a small cost.
    Work In Progress - RHCA [ ] Certified Cloud Security Professional [ ] GMON/GWAPT if Work Study is accepted [ ]
    http://adarsh.amazonwebservices.ninja