Finally got my JNCIA-JunOS !

ccnxjrccnxjr Member Posts: 304 ■■■□□□□□□□
I'm deathly afraid of taking tests, however as the expiration date of my voucher slowly approached I finally bit the bullet and scheduled the test.

Didn't pass with the score I wanted however.

I used the Fast Track Materials, plus a couple Olives.
I do strongly recommend the JunOS for Dummies book, which I will revisit to brush up on my weaker topics.

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats! Going further down the Juniper track or back to Cisco?
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • ccnxjrccnxjr Member Posts: 304 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It's a tough call, my Cisco cert didn't pan out the way I expected, I landed a gig in a Juniper shop and even still not doing much routing/switching tasks.

The Cisco route will make me a bit more marketable, however if I do get more route/switch work with Juniper devices I'll follow that path.
    I'm going to give it about 3-6 months before I focus on one or the other.

Not set in stone, I'm always open to hearing ideas and hearing stories from those who went through this before...
  • chanakyajupudichanakyajupudi Member Posts: 712
    Congrats !
    Work In Progress - RHCA [ ] Certified Cloud Security Professional [ ] GMON/GWAPT if Work Study is accepted [ ]
    http://adarsh.amazonwebservices.ninja

• down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    Why not do both! A qualified Network Engineer can easily do Cisco/Juniper/etc as long as they have a good comprehension of the fundamentals.

I've had to work on many different flavors of gear throughout my career. Having a background in BOTH Cisco and Juniper has helped to make transitions easier AND you are right, I have been more marketable because of the experience.

You could always work on your JNCIS/JNCIP and decide if you want to pursue a CCNP (3 exams) later.
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11
  • ccnxjrccnxjr Member Posts: 304 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yeah, the 3 exam thing is a bit of a turn off, vs one exam for JNCIS-Ent .
    However my CCNA will be expiring next year sometime...
    I might just follow through with the JNCIS and opt to renew the CCNA (instead of going CCNP) for the time being.
    I do work with more Juniper equipment than Cisco...

Thanks a bunch!
  • down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    You could always renew the CCNA with the SWITCH exam. That would not only renew your Associate certification, but put you a step closer to CCNP.
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11
  • AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on the pass :)
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?