Options

Ccie & rhce

2»

Comments

• Options
    antielvisantielvis Member Posts: 285 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I can't see the point of having both. I have CISCO certs but having worked in an Enterprise level job for a while now, I almost never use my CISCO skills. In fact the only time I use CISCO CLI is at home.

I know a few dudes with their CCIE. They told me it's extremely difficult and requires years of practical experience. Studying meant coming home from work and hiding in the basement until 10 PM when they went up to see their wife & family.
  • Options
    artmindartmind Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    My experience and common sense says boycott everything from China and India. With China, soon the number of CCIE's will go from 40,000 to 40 million in the next few years, and most of them will be of the same quality as their products that flood walmart.

I passed CCIE R&S a couple of months ago, so by the end of 2017 the number of CCIE R&S was about 58 000! I You are not a prophet, definitely)

In terms of topic, I'm personally going to pass RHCE! I'm sure it has a value in today's mixed IT world.
  • Options
    d4nz1gd4nz1g Member Posts: 464
    artmind wrote: »
    I passed CCIE R&S a couple of months ago, so by the end of 2017 the number of CCIE R&S was about 58 000! I You are not a prophet, definitely)

In terms of topic, I'm personally going to pass RHCE! I'm sure it has a value in today's mixed IT world.

Thinking about the same lately. My thought is that since all network OSes today are unix-like in the background, linux knowledge will be useful when debugging some stuff in the network. Also, linux provides a great environment to build cool tools to manage, monitor and test network stuff.
  • Options
    artmindartmind Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    d4nz1g wrote: »
    Thinking about the same lately. My thought is that since all network OSes today are unix-like in the background, linux knowledge will be useful when debugging some stuff in the network. Also, linux provides a great environment to build cool tools to manage, monitor and test network stuff.

I use linux and bsd for a long time already, since the beginning of my IT career.
    I heard that RHCE has a lot of RedHat specific stuff, but anyway, it's the most valuable linux cert, so it's worth to get it. Even just for fun)
    I think it would be my last cert, before I go deeper into programming world.