Options

CISM/CISA/CRISC/CGEIT June 2013 Feedback

Comments

• Options
    matt6558matt6558 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Does anybody when the june results will be out? is this week, friday?
  • Options
    Bloodnite12Bloodnite12 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I hope I passed as well... I too am waiting on the June results... I'm assuming it's this week or next?
  • Options
    scoparscopar Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    They said 5 weeks from the exam date - so 5 weeks from June 8th would put us at July 12th (this Friday) or the next working day, July 15th (next Monday).
  • Options
    RKALRKAL Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    ISACA is very particular on the result timings. The result should be out on Friday (July 12, 2013)
    Good Luck to everyone waiting for the results.
  • Options
    zenrandomzenrandom Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    paul78 wrote: »
    ROFLOL icon_lol.gif - if it's helpful to know, you will get an email way before it will be listed on the website.

Right, this way it's just my email provider that gets the low grade DDOS, check mail... not there, check mail... not there, check mail.... still not there... wait fifteen seconds instead of five... check mail.... still not there!
  • Options
    PcgolferPcgolfer Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    If one of the answers is baby back ribs, it's probably the correct answer. I thought there was a 1 percent chance In passed the exam. I am now more optimistic. I now put it at 1.5 percent. - sometimes as high as 5 percent after 3-4 Samual Adams.

P. S. remember if you do select baby back ribs as an answer for one question, you have to consistently answer baby back ribs. Points will be deducted if you rotate between ribs and bald eagle. It's like the AT&T commercials they will deduct infinity x infinity.

KUDOS on the DDOS MESSAGE ... LOL
  • Options
    mikeysgmikeysg Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    TunYau wrote: »
    Thursday Midnite GMT time zone next we i guess....

Waiting eagerly for CISA June 2013 Results (from GMT +8, Singapore) :D
  • Options
    D_PumpinD_Pumpin Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have this feeling that ISACA board members are sitting over the release of the result right now. They are probably contemplating on releasing the result tonight. Anyone having the same feeling??? icon_cry.gif
  • Options
    SecurityNinjaSecurityNinja Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am also awaiting my CISA exam results, hoping they will be available soon. But I have no idea if I pass or not, I am guessing my results are borderline, at least that was what they were when I was doing the mock tests.

However, I think this exam was more a test of ability to see through the vagueness and foggy questions composed by ISACA. After finishing reading the curriculum two weeks before exam, I realized half the job of passing this exam was to learn to dissect the questions to find what ISACA was really asking. My opinion is that the CISA exam was just as much a language test (for non native english speakers) as a skill/knowledge test. I dont know, but is clear vision in a foggy world a requirement for an IS auditor?
    With that said, I really liked the curriculum and I learned a ton of new stuff doing this.

Also, what was up with the rigid exam arrangements? I come from Scandinavia where exam regulations are pretty loose (I guess?). We werent even allowed to have drinks with us, which is kind of strickt when it is a 4 hour exam. A rule that resulted in 100% of the people participating having to get up and store their drinks in the back of the room... Something about the culture I guess :)

Anyway, good luck on your results everyone!
  • Options
    PcgolferPcgolfer Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Trust me, the test appeared to be in Greek for me. I think the test is obscure for everyone.
  • Options
    Still waiting... icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Options
    mikeysg wrote: »
    Still waiting... icon_rolleyes.gif

Yeah, same here.
    While we wait, what are your expectations from this certification? Is it e.g. higher salary, more attractive jobs, a career in IS auditing, etc...
    Besides from learning new skills, my expectations from a certification such as this is the ability to compete for better jobs. In my country a lot of the information security jobs asks for certifications such as CISA,CISM and CISSP as a requirement.
  • Options
    Security-ExpertSecurity-Expert Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    SecurityNinja what is the name of your country :) "in my country".
  • Options
    SecurityNinja what is the name of your country :) "in my country".

Norway.
  • Options
    Security-ExpertSecurity-Expert Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    SecurityNinja thanks for the reply :), best of Luck with your exam result.
  • Options
    doverdover Member Posts: 184 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Most of you have probably already found this while scouring the ISACA site for 'where the hell are my scores' explanations but here is - at least - a peak behind the methodology ISACA follows when calcuating passing scores and final grading:
    [h=4]2. Why does it take weeks to process the exam results?[/h] ISACA takes the processing of exam results very seriously. Best practice dictates that item performance be carefully reviewed after each exam administration to ensure that items performed in a fair and consistent manner. Also, ISACA’s policy is to release the results of all of our exams together, rather than individually as they are processed.

ISACA works with its testing agency to administer our exams in over 250 locations worldwide. The first step in the grading process is the review of the preliminary statistical analysis which begins when a majority of answer sheets are returned. This usually occurs a week or two after the exam administration date. This preliminary analysis is conducted on each exam item in every language that the exam item is offered. Currently, ISACA offers 4 different exams, in up to 11 languages. This step is essential because it identifies items that did not perform well based on statistics. Items with poor statistics are reviewed by the members of the respective certification committee. If an error or inconsistency is discovered within an item, the answer key is adjusted to ensure candidates are not penalized for the error.

Items with performance statistics on translated exams are also reviewed to determine if errors in translation occurred, impacting the candidate’s ability to answer an item correctly. This review is performed by multilingual ISACA members who hold the respective certifications.

Once the answer keys are finalized, a passing point is determined and approved by the Certification Committee for each certification. At this point, the testing agency processes each of the exam candidate’s final grades by converted it into a score between 200 and 800.

ISACA and our testing agency are dedicated to the efficient processing of exam results. We are also committed to performing the proper due diligence so that test results are reliable.
  • Options
    CISMITCISMIT Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have confession to make. I think I might have been responsible for the system failure over a Google yesterday. I might have done one too many "F5 WAIT 5secfault. I take no blame. It's all ISACA's fault.
  • Options
    hopefully tonite, we can get the results by tonight..
  • Options
    lysjelysje Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hopefully they will release the scores today or tomorrow. The sooner the CISA and CISM results are out, the sooner they can get started correcting the CRISC and CGEIT. Or perhaps they might surprise us and also send out the CRISC results at the same time! icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    TundelessTundeless Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Wish you all the best
  • Options
    servin42servin42 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well, something's happening, my "myCertifications" page now shows:

CISM Pre-Certification Summary

Certification Status:
    Not Certified - Exam Registrant - Results Pending (Jun 2013)
    Overall Score:

Exam Language:
    English
    Exam Location:

• Options
    servin42 wrote: »
    Well, something's happening, my "myCertifications" page now shows:

CISM Pre-Certification Summary

Certification Status:
    Not Certified - Exam Registrant - Results Pending (Jun 2013)
    Overall Score:

Exam Language:
    English
    Exam Location:

Mine too, but it's been there like that since we took the exam.
  • Options
    Nothing here either.
  • Options
    peer69peer69 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good to hear I am not the only one desperately waiting for the results though I am quite sure I did not pass the exam.
  • Options
    TundelessTundeless Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    We have to be positive
  • Options
    it's already friday/hopefully today,we can get the results/wish you all the best
  • Options
    TunYauTunYau Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Should be in 7 hours from now globally base on pass experience....
  • Options
    Jaded99Jaded99 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Does anyone else keep getting emails from ISACA about their membership or enhancing professional skills? Everytime I see an email pop up from ISACA, i have a mini heart-attack only to find out its not actually the test results, and just some mumbo jumbo email about their services. Am I the only one getting these emails? Could it be because I have failed and their trying to get me to enhance my skills and buy more reading material? I may be over-thinking on this one...
  • Options
    peer69peer69 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Got these mail, too. Unsubscribed from the list yesterday to prevent me from heart attacks.
  • Options
    paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    As the resident conspriratory theorist, my belief is that its a clever marketing ploy because ISACA knows that those persons awaiting exam results will read every email from ISACA. Those emails aren't sent to ISACA members that already are certified icon_twisted.gif