Solarwinds Certified Professional - Free Cert - How to

If you are interested in the certification please send out an email to certification@solarwinds.com with the following details.

First Name:
Last Name:
Email:
Phone Number:

You should get a reply in 24 hours. Exam is free as of now. Should be of 150$ value. Learning resources also available. Exam is online so you can do it whenever and wherever. Three attempts included for free as of now.

Hurry !

Thanks

Chanakya
Work In Progress - RHCA [ ] Certified Cloud Security Professional [ ] GMON/GWAPT if Work Study is accepted [ ]
http://adarsh.amazonwebservices.ninja

Comments

• VenomSdMVenomSdM Member Posts: 20 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hello, i'm new at forum so greetings everyone!

I would like to know more about Solarwinds and if it is really worth to have a cert. (even if it is free you have to spend time learning)
    Thanks in advance
  • chanakyajupudichanakyajupudi Member Posts: 712
    Depends on if you use it or not. Lots of uses of the application though. I have used it in an engagement before to my present assignment.

Look it up on the solarwinds website.

It is gaining importance - the software. The cert is just out. This is like a beta if you may !

Cheers.
    Work In Progress - RHCA [ ] Certified Cloud Security Professional [ ] GMON/GWAPT if Work Study is accepted [ ]

• sratakhinsratakhin Member Posts: 818
    I'm in. We use Network Performance Monitor at work and I'd like to know more about it. I'm sure it can do a lot more than what it does now :)
  • mdominomdomino Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
    My new gig uses their monitoring software so I sent in an email. Even if I don't get a certification from it it would be great to learn more about their software's capabilities out of a production network.

Thanks for the heads up!
    You will get the exams with three attempts ! You have a year to complete them !

• pertpert Member Posts: 250
    What learning resources are there for the exam?
    Their community and some CBT's along with the Documentation.

• cruwlcruwl Member Posts: 341 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm already the Solarwinds guy at work.... No one wanted it when I started so the new guy got it.... I'm interested in this but the last I need is even more reason to be "THE" Solarwinds guy lol.

Thanks for the post and I'll send an email shortly.
    Go for it ! And let us know how it goes !

• pertpert Member Posts: 250
    cruwl wrote: »
    I'm already the Solarwinds guy at work.... No one wanted it when I started so the new guy got it.... I'm interested in this but the last I need is even more reason to be "THE" Solarwinds guy lol.

Thanks for the post and I'll send an email shortly.

This happened to me to, and honestly its a Godsend. So few people know how to operate this stuff and its a critical business function. I was angry getting stuck with this crap, but I've completely come around. In the future this will become even more important.
  • tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    OMG wow thanks for this. We use Solarwinds here but nobody really knows how to use it properly and I am trying to "take it over" aka (job security).
    No problem ! ! But please let us know how it goes !

• FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Just emailed them. Thank you!
    In case someone does not get a response kindly email Hubbard, Patrick <Patrick.Hubbard@solarwinds.com>

• zepol87zepol87 Member Posts: 16 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for this!! We use Solarwinds to monitor our 2000 node wireless network. Love it
    You are welcome !

So I got fully registered yesterday. Looking over the study guide it looks pretty comprehensive. Those of you with a CCNA/Networking background I think might have an easier time at it??

Reason I say that is I dont deal with the first 3 sections of the study guide at all. I would Really like to get this cert but it will have to be after I finish the other ones I'm working on. Good look to anyone to pursues it and please leave feed back here some where.
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Here's what they told me in email[FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]The SolarWinds Certified Professional program is designed to validate a network engineer’s skillset in network management, in part with Orion NPM. The SCP exam’s primary focus is on industry standard technologies and best practices around network management skills, thus validating an SCP’s expertise in both. [/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif] [/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]More information regarding the SCP program can be found here:[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]http://www.solarwinds.com/certification/network_certification.aspx[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]The SCP exam is now available online, 24/7/365, eliminating the need to schedule a specific date/time to sit for the exam as well as the time and expense of having to travel to a testing center.[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]We are currently working on integrating the entire registration process and access to the exam through our online user community, [/FONT][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]Thwack[/FONT][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]. As a result, you must be a registered Thwack member. Until the integration process is complete, we are offering the SolarWinds Certified Professional exam 100% free of charge.[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]To register for the exam, simply complete the information below and email it directly to myself or to [/FONT][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]certification@solarwinds.com[/FONT][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif].[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]*First Name:[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]« »[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]*Last Name:[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]*Primary Email:[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]*Street Address 1:[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif] Street Address 2:[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]*City:[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]*State/Province:[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]*Postal Code:[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]*Country:[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]*Primary Phone:[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]*Company:[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]*Thwack ID:[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]* = required[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]Upon receipt, we will create your test account and send you all the necessary information to access the online exam.[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]To assist you in preparing for the exam, we have created the [/FONT][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]SCP Exam Prep Guide[/FONT][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif] along with an array of videos which discuss the topics you’ll encounter during the exam, as well as a [/FONT][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]FAQ[/FONT][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif] list. [/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]All of these materials and more can be found on the [/FONT][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]SolarWinds website[/FONT][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif] in the SCP Learning Center at: [/FONT][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]www.solarwinds.com/certification/learningcenter.aspx[/FONT][/FONT]
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
    You have to fill the details and send it back.

• bigdogzbigdogz Member Posts: 881 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Thanks for the original post. I signed up as well. I like the name "Thwack" when making reference to a network!
    Nice certs ! @bigdogz ! Welcome ! Post progress in this thread so that everyone know how you are preparing !

• filkenjitsufilkenjitsu Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The reply I received after sending my initial email:

Hello!

I’m Patrick Hubbard, SCP Program Manager at SolarWinds. I would like to take this opportunity to say thank you for your interest in the SolarWinds Certified Professional program.

The SolarWinds Certified Professional program is designed to validate a network engineer’s skillset in network management, in part with Orion NPM. The SCP exam’s primary focus is on industry standard technologies and best practices around network management skills, thus validating an SCP’s expertise in both.

More information regarding the SCP program can be found here:

Network Certification | SolarWinds Certified Professional - SolarWinds

The SCP exam is now available online, 24/7/365, eliminating the need to schedule a specific date/time to sit for the exam as well as the time and expense of having to travel to a testing center.

We are currently working on integrating the entire registration process and access to the exam through our online user community, Thwack. As a result, you must be a registered Thwack member. Until the integration process is complete, we are offering the SolarWinds Certified Professional exam 100% free of charge.

To register for the exam, simply complete the information below and email it directly to myself or tocertification@solarwinds.com.

*First Name:

« »

*Last Name:

« »

*Primary Email:

« »

*Street Address 1:

« »

Street Address 2:

« »

*City:

« »

*State/Province:

« »

*Postal Code:

« »

« »

*Primary Phone:

« »

*Company:

« »

*Thwack ID:

« »

* = required

Upon receipt, we will create your test account and send you all the necessary information to access the online exam.

To assist you in preparing for the exam, we have created the SCP Exam Prep Guide along with an array of videos which discuss the topics you’ll encounter during the exam, as well as a FAQ list.

All of these materials and more can be found on the SolarWinds website in the SCP Learning Center at:www.solarwinds.com/certification/learningcenter.aspx

Once again, I would like to thank you for your inquiry into the SCP program. If you have any additional questions or need some assistance, please feel free to contact me.

Best Regards,

Patrick Hubbard
    Head Geek / Sr. Technical Marketing Manager | SolarWinds – Unexpected Simplicity
    CISSP, CCNA SP
    Bachelors of Science in Telecommunications - Mt. Sierra College
    Masters of Networking and Communications Management, Focus in Wireless - Keller
    You have to fill that in and send it back to him. After that you will get another mail giving you the test account details.

• Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Took this a few months ago. I enjoyed some of the test that dug into Orion a bit, but other portions need to be a lot harder IMO- or they need to offer various levels. If you've A) used SolarWinds Orion a few times, and B) know networking on a Network+/CCENT level, you can pass.
  • hoktaurihoktauri Member Posts: 148
    I just sent my second email off, don't know much about this program and I hope this will teach me a bit.
    Mrock4 wrote: »
    Took this a few months ago. I enjoyed some of the test that dug into Orion a bit, but other portions need to be a lot harder IMO- or they need to offer various levels. If you've A) used SolarWinds Orion a few times, and B) know networking on a Network+/CCENT level, you can pass.

I may just give the test ago then and see how bad I fail lol
    Thank you for your insight into the exam ! @Mrock4

• hoktaurihoktauri Member Posts: 148
    I took my first attempt yesterday, having a basic knowledge of networking covered most of the test but I bombed on the Orion NPM part. I ended up with around a 60%, I'll study up on what I can for Orion and should pass next time.
    is it typical multiple choice ect?

Does it give any kind of score report or anything?
  • Sounds GoodSounds Good Member Posts: 403
    I've e-mailed both people addresses that were supplied in this thread. Heard nothing back yet. How long did it take for you guys?
    On the plate: AWS Solutions Architect - Professional
    Scheduled for: Unscheduled
    Studying with: Linux Academy, aws docs