Thoughts on CISSP-ISSAP

broli720broli720 Member Posts: 394 ■■■■□□□□□□
Just wanted to get some feedback from those that took the exam.

-How would you compare it in terms of difficulty to the CISSP? My initial thought is that it would be easier.

-Any recommended study material other than the ISC2 one?

-Also, I was wondering from a professional development stand point if it helped you move along in your career.

I plan to take this in December which is when I will meet the CISSP experience requirements.

Comments

• HumbeHumbe Member Posts: 202
    I took the the ISSAP exam back at the beginning of March and unfortunately failed it with 680. I took the exam too easily as I thought that having past the CISSP I could blow through the ISSAP one. Big mistake.

I would say that 85% of the exam was Crypto related.
  • broli720broli720 Member Posts: 394 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks for the feedback. I'm really wondering if it's worth making the jump from a professional development standpoint, but I'll probably go for it anyway.
  • Joel GoldsteinJoel Goldstein Banned Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    broli720,

As an FYI, the Official (ISC)2 Guide to the ISSAP CBK, Second Edition is scheduled to be released in late August/early September. Since you're not planning on testing until December, hold off on getting the book until the new one comes out. There will also be an iBook and a Kindle version being released at the same time as well.