CBT Nuggets - BT and Kali

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone has tried CBT's series on BT and Kali. I love the CCNP Security series by Keith and I think he's awesome :D So I was wondering if anyone knows if it is any good and if it would be useful for someone with more advanced skills in the OS in question ?
Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.

Comments

• zxshockaxzzxshockaxz Member Posts: 108
    I haven't worked through the entire course, but it has some awesome knowledge initial. I've learned a ton.
    PICK would definitely want to be comfortable working with Linux before starting it, but you'll be ok if you have played in back track at all.
  • Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Thanks for the reply. I had lost hope in getting some feedback on this :D
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • j.petrovj.petrov Member Posts: 282
    I have gone through some of the videos and I really like them. I'm currently working on the CCNA Security and definitely agree that Keith Barker is one of the better teachers out there. He shows great enthusiasm in the topics covered, which is evident in the Kali/BT videos. The videos themselves are all pretty short, only focusing on a certain attack or tool and showing you how to either do the attack or use the tool. Overall I would say they are very informative and would help anyone who feels overwhelmed by the amount of tools in these distros.

Hope this helps.
    I would also note that Justin Hutchens, put out a great Kali series on pentesting, which I am currently also running through. Its a steal at $14 right now for the set. Definitely worth buying for learning tools, techniques, and methods.

Kali Linux - Backtrack Evolved: Assuring Security by Penetration Testing [Video] | Packt Publishing
  • QordQord Member Posts: 632 ■■■■□□□□□□
    j.petrov wrote: »
    I would also note that Justin...

Awesome plug for one of our own! Gotta support the scene.
  • zxshockaxzzxshockaxz Member Posts: 108
    Thanks for the reply. I had lost hope in getting some feedback on this :D

sorry, i was at work replying from an ipad in a hurry. autocorrect got me quite a few times on there lol
    "I haven't worked through the entire course, but it has some awesome knowledge in it. I've learned a ton.
    I'd definitely want to be comfortable working with Linux before starting it, but you'll be ok if you have played in back track at all."
    Is what i meant to say.
    j.petrov wrote: »
    I would also note that Justin Hutchens, put out a great Kali series on pentesting, which I am currently also running through. Its a steal at $14 right now for the set. Definitely worth buying for learning tools, techniques, and methods.

Kali Linux - Backtrack Evolved: Assuring Security by Penetration Testing [Video] | Packt Publishing

Thanks for this. It looks pretty interesting. I feel like i've already got a good understanding of everything that is covered in this, but i'll probably buy it just for the refresher. its cheap even when it isn't on sale :)
    Qord wrote: »
    Awesome plug for one of our own! Gotta support the scene.

You have to give it up to this community, what an amazing resource of information.