Fall 2013 VMware classes at Stanly Comm. College

STANLY_CCSTANLY_CC Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□
We are currently in the process of setting up our Fall 2013 sections of VMware. You can add your name to the wait-list at https://vmware.stanly.edu/waitlist.php Once the classes are on our web schedule you will be contacted. However, the list is getting full.

Comments

• STANLY_CCSTANLY_CC Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□
    STANLY_CC wrote: »
    We are currently in the process of setting up our Fall 2013 sections of VMware. You can add your name to the wait-list at https://vmware.stanly.edu/waitlist.php Once the classes are on our web schedule you will be contacted. However, the list is getting full.

Tuition & lab fees total $185.00 + the cost of books
  • instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    I just registered, and the only thing I saw was January thru March 2014, and March thru May 2014.
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)
  • Kinet1cKinet1c Member Posts: 604 ■■■■□□□□□□
    instant000 wrote: »
    I just registered, and the only thing I saw was January thru March 2014, and March thru May 2014.

Same for me on this end.
    2018 Goals - Learn all the Hashicorp products

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity
    Kinet1c wrote: »
    Same for me on this end.[/QUOTE

Oh My! I just checked this last Thursday, and the Oct - Dec class was still showing available. Sorry Guys, but this means that there are already enough names on the list to fill our fall sections. However, if anything changes, I will try to post it here. However, you can always contact Stanly Comm. College's Eagle's One Stop for up-to-the-minute information. By email at onestop@stanly.edu or by telephone at 704-991-0123.

If you want, go ahead & put your name on the list for the Spring classes. If names drop from the Fall wait-list, we will contact the next name on the list to see if he/she wants to be moved up to the next class section.
  • TheNewITGuyTheNewITGuy Member Posts: 169 ■■■■□□□□□□
    This is pretty popular. Luckily I got my waiting spot (boasts...) icon_wink.gif
    This is pretty popular. Luckily I got my waiting spot (boasts...) icon_wink.gif

Did you get notified? I signed up to the Fall 2013 list but never got any confirmation.

• TheNewITGuyTheNewITGuy Member Posts: 169 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Nah not notified, but I confirmed I was on the wait list
    Nah not notified, but I confirmed I was on the wait list

Ah ok, I got worried there :)

• shirazirshirazir Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Whoa! That filled up fast!

I'm waitlisted until Januaryicon_sad.gif
    Did you get notified? I signed up to the Fall 2013 list but never got any confirmation.

Once the classes are actually on the SCC web schedule & available you will be contacted.
    Once the classes are actually on the SCC web schedule & available you will be contacted.

Great thanks. Any idea of a time line for that?

• Sounds GoodSounds Good Member Posts: 403
    I signed up for the wait list for may 2013 through nick hunnycutt at first. I then signed up for the August-October 2013 session wait list. Am I able to register for the August classes when it becomes available?
    On the plate: AWS Solutions Architect - Professional
    Scheduled for: Unscheduled
    Studying with: Linux Academy, aws docs
    Great thanks. Any idea of a time line for that?

Hopefully, we will have the classes scheduled within the next 2 weeks.
    I signed up for the wait list for may 2013 through nick hunnycutt at first. I then signed up for the August-October 2013 session wait list. Am I able to register for the August classes when it becomes available?

Can you please contact the college directly? We will need your full name in order to verify the wait list. However, if you already signed-up, you should be OK.
  • Sounds GoodSounds Good Member Posts: 403
    Can you please contact the college directly? We will need your full name in order to verify the wait list. However, if you already signed-up, you should be OK.

I signed up via the website from the same link at the top of this page. Never got a confirmation though.

I will give them a call when I have free time today.

Thank you
    On the plate: AWS Solutions Architect - Professional
    Scheduled for: Unscheduled
    Studying with: Linux Academy, aws docs
    I signed up via the website from the same link at the top of this page. Never got a confirmation though.

I will give them a call when I have free time today.

Thank you

Great! We are glad you were able to use the online wait list. You would not have heard back because the classes were not ready to go. You will hear from the college soon.
  • MartytoofMartytoof Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm registered and confirmed paid, but I don't see anything in the "My Class Schedule" section of WebAdvisor. Is this something that will be filled in at a later date?
  • brownwrapbrownwrap Member Posts: 549
    I have registered and purchased the book. My boss is the VM expert, so I don't expect to see much work in the area, but would like to get familiar with it. I have been here a little more than three months and have much to learn.
    Martytoof wrote: »
    I'm registered and confirmed paid, but I don't see anything in the "My Class Schedule" section of WebAdvisor. Is this something that will be filled in at a later date?

While the classes are on on the web schedule, they will not be populated until the start of the class. That is when you will have access to the course. You will be receiving addtional emails from your instructor & the course adminstrator before the start date. If you are registered & confirmed, then just hang tight. We will be back in touch soon. If you have any further questions, let us know.
  • MartytoofMartytoof Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Excellent, thank you! :)
    I am actually somewhat confused. I signed up and paid for the class because it sounded like a bargain and I needed to learn something about VMs, but I get the sense this doesn't really prepare you for an certification. That is sort of OK, I am concentrating on other certs, but since we use VMs here I figure I had better learn them. Will this class do that for me?
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    @brownwrap - this class will help you do that only somewhat. IMO, this course requirement is a money-grab by VMware. These classes are more to fulfill the course requirement, I mean they'll help but only to an extent. If you had/have no intention of going after the VCP, then your money would've been better spent on Scott Lowe's Mastering vSphere 5 book.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
    Essendon wrote: »
    @brownwrap - this class will help you do that only somewhat. IMO, this course requirement is a money-grab by VMware. These classes are more to fulfill the course requirement, I mean they'll help but only to an extent. If you had/have no intention of going after the VCP, then your money would've been better spent on Scott Lowe's Mastering vSphere 5 book.

Thank you. I have ordered that book and it is on its way.
  • linuxabuserlinuxabuser Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    All paid up. Can't wait!
    Got the email today from Jana and completed the form, excited to start this next month!

• rob3bbrob3bb Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    just got an email saying books are back ordered
    Received my books today.
  • tstrip007tstrip007 Member Posts: 308 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The first day of class is Aug. 19th right? I didnt get it in my calendar. Emailed hunneycut and he said if you dont login the 1st or 2nd day the system will drop you.
    yes. 1st day is Aug 19th
  • NavyITNavyIT Member Posts: 171
    Will this class count as the required training needed to take VMWare certs?
    A.S. - Computer Networking: Cisco
    B.S. - Computer & Network Security