Free full CISSP course worth $3000 to $5000

uyen_nguyenuyen_nguyen Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi all,

The IT Masters’ course will run over six weeks from Wednesday 17 July with lectures via weekly 90 minute webinars from 12:30 -14:00 hours AEST each Wednesday. In addition, students will be asked to do a total of 10-12 hours of study between webinars. The webinars will be presented by Dr Craig Wright, co-author of the official (ISC)2 Guide to the CISSP-ISSMP CBK. A cyber security industry veteran with 23 years’ experience, Craig also sits on the SANS Technology Institute board and is a beta tester for GIAC exams. He has appeared on numerous occasions as an digital forensics expert witness in cyber security law suites and has authored over 100 publications on cyber security.

http://www.whatech.com/it-education/news/15269-3000-cyber-security-course-for-free

And click here for enrolling: http://www.itmasters.edu.au/free-short-course-cissp-security

Hope everyone can enjoy this free training. No need $5000 course from SANS nor $3800 ISC^2 course.
English is my second language. My apology for my grammar errors.

Comments

• ChooseLifeChooseLife Member Posts: 941 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Yup icon_smile.gif

Signed up for the course and looking forward to it.
    “You don’t become great by trying to be great. You become great by wanting to do something, and then doing it so hard that you become great in the process.” (c) xkcd #896

GetCertified4Less
    - discounted vouchers for certs
  • chanakyajupudichanakyajupudi Member Posts: 712
    Registered ! Waiting for class to begin !
    Work In Progress - RHCA [ ] Certified Cloud Security Professional [ ] GMON/GWAPT if Work Study is accepted [ ]
    http://adarsh.amazonwebservices.ninja

• JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Oh wow. The timing couldn't have been better! Just finished Conrad's CISSP Study Guide yesterday. Signing up now.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • PaperlanternPaperlantern Member Posts: 352
    I might even have to register for this just to help stay sharp on the material, also I think it might qualify for CPEs. Thanks OP.
  • uyen_nguyenuyen_nguyen Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yes, it is qualified for CPEs. Taking this course is still very good when you have CISSP cert as it has CPEs.
  • danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks for posting I just sent my name and email! Great find!
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • joebannyjoebanny Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for sharing, signed up for the CPEs and shared with friends too!
  • LinuxRacrLinuxRacr Member Posts: 653 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Awesome find. Registered.
    My WGU B.S. IT - Security Progress : Transferred In|Remaining|In Progress|Completed
    AGC1, CLC1, GAC1, INC1, CTV1, INT1, BVC1, TBP1, TCP1, QLT1, HHT1, QBT1, BBC1 (39 CUs), (0 CUs) (0 CUs)
    WFV1, BNC1, EAV1, EBV1, COV1 | MGC1, IWC1 | CQV1, CNV1, IWT1, RIT1 | DRV1, DSV1, TPV1, CVV1 | EUP1, EUC1, DHV1| CUV1, C173 | BOV1, CJV1, TXP1, TXC1 | TYP1, TYC1, SBT1, RGT1 (84 CUs) DONE!
  • datacombossdatacomboss Member Posts: 304 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Did any of you get a confirmation?
    "If I were to say, 'God, why me?' about the bad things, then I should have said, 'God, why me?' about the good things that happened in my life."

Arthur Ashe

Did any of you get a confirmation?
    Nope
    “You don’t become great by trying to be great. You become great by wanting to do something, and then doing it so hard that you become great in the process.” (c) xkcd #896

GetCertified4Less
  • uyen_nguyenuyen_nguyen Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You will receive confirmation soon. We are processing it. You will receive instruction email also. :)
  • Chassidic1Chassidic1 Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    registered; was informed that I will receive instructions by email soon; ordering book off Amazon.com now. It's cool that a bunch of people are doing this. Most of my self study in the past was along with other people and that helped on several levels.

PS. When I went to Amazon, the "official" Guide seemed to get few, and poor, ratings. By contrast, Conrad and Harris got numerous, positive reviews. I wonder why that is exactly...
  • mister704mister704 Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Definitely registered. I actually have the book in pdf form, but I don't think it is to be shared that way. I go it from another mini boot camp I was in.

My exam is in September so this is perfect. I am running through Transgender questions, Eric Conrad 2nd edition book and making note cards. I HAVE TO GET THIS...this is basically my last thing I been wanting to achieve this year.
    Anyone get anything else but the confirmation ?

I will go buy the book only once I get something more than the you have been registered email ?
    Work In Progress - RHCA [ ] Certified Cloud Security Professional [ ] GMON/GWAPT if Work Study is accepted [ ]

Anyone get anything else but the confirmation ?

I will go buy the book only once I get something more than the you have been registered email ?

I have not got anything as of yet.
  • gbutlergbutler Member Posts: 24 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thank you uyen, just registered for this free course
    Right time to start for my cissp preperation :)
    Achieved : GCIH, CEH
    Certification Goals :  ECCPT, OSCP, CISSP, CCNA CyberOps, CCIE, WIFU

• RufioRufio Member Posts: 25 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Registered....Hope we hear something soon. This would be perfect timing.
  • izatt82izatt82 Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I registered as well looking forward to this!
  • kanecainkanecain Member Posts: 186 ■■■□□□□□□□
    So will this help in any way towards the requirements for CISSP?
    WGU - Bachelors of Science - Information Security
    Start Date: Jan. 1st, 2012
    Courses:
    Done!!!
    Received my email conformation last night. Can't wait to get into the class.
    They have sent out a mail giving the time and date of the first webinar and saying that the webinar will run every Wednesday.

[FONT=arial,verdana,helvetica]Thank you for registering for:[/FONT]

[FONT=arial,verdana,helvetica]Free Short Course: CISSP Security Certification

This Webinar is held every week on Wednesday, from:
    Jul 17, 2013 to Aug 14, 2013 12:30 PM - 2:00 PM AEST
    [/FONT]

the webinar will run every Wednesday.
    For those in North America, if my math is correct, it is actually Tue nights - first webinar is tonight

GetCertified4Less
    They are recorded as well so in case someone misses its okay !

• Chassidic1Chassidic1 Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I bounced the course idea off my boss and added that I wasn't sure how we can achieve what tends to take security newbies a year, in 5 weeks. (I have 2 years hands-on security experience now; my background is actually in R&S). I wonder what people's thoughts are on that. I am currently leaning on "going for it" as even if for whatever reason it seems like 5 weeks is not "enough", maybe it will at least cut down on the overall time I'd need to invest. So, maybe instead of a year it could take 6 months; that is also a big gain. Thoughts on this anyone?

Thanks,
    Dovid
    So in the website is says attendance is required? I thought that was the whole point of it being recorded. I say that because it said my time was 3-4:30 which is midnight CST on tuesdays.
  • LinuxRacrLinuxRacr Member Posts: 653 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Session 1 kicks off in 30 minutes!
    My WGU B.S. IT - Security Progress : Transferred In|Remaining|In Progress|Completed
    AGC1, CLC1, GAC1, INC1, CTV1, INT1, BVC1, TBP1, TCP1, QLT1, HHT1, QBT1, BBC1 (39 CUs), (0 CUs) (0 CUs)
    WFV1, BNC1, EAV1, EBV1, COV1 | MGC1, IWC1 | CQV1, CNV1, IWT1, RIT1 | DRV1, DSV1, TPV1, CVV1 | EUP1, EUC1, DHV1| CUV1, C173 | BOV1, CJV1, TXP1, TXC1 | TYP1, TYC1, SBT1, RGT1 (84 CUs) DONE!
    Yep I will be there.
    I'm in the first webinar... The prof is totally rocking...

GetCertified4Less
    So I am session 2 which means midnight- 130 for me. I guess i am watching the recordings only.

I thought I could join either session, but I guess not.