Just passed the 70-411

armandsssarmandsss Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
Passed an 70-411 this morning with 849 score

So couple of thoughts.

1) Bought an 30 day access to MeasureUp test and was quite dissapointed. Very vague explanations to the answers and overall not impressed at all.
For example Kaplan selfetestsoftware I could use as an learning material, because the explanations were very detailed.... in MeasureUp the explanations mostly were in the same level as in free .vce exams.

2)Watched also CBT Nuggets and Trainsignal videos. They give You a good overview, but nothing else. Preparing only from videos would be basically a suicide....

2) Used a lot of TechNet references and imo that's the way to go into this exam. The biggest problem right now is that there isn't a decent book for this exam, so you have to grab the information from a lot of sources. Took overall 4 weeks to prepare and around 2-3 hours learning per day.

Comments

• chanakyajupudichanakyajupudi Member Posts: 712
    Congratulations !
    Work In Progress - RHCA [ ] Certified Cloud Security Professional [ ] GMON/GWAPT if Work Study is accepted [ ]
    http://adarsh.amazonwebservices.ninja

• EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Nicely done!
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • ITMonkeyITMonkey Member Posts: 200
    Congratulations. I am into my first month of being a TrainSignal subscriber. I find the depth covered varies considerably from author to author. The 70-410 was survey-level depth; it was not helpful in my situation - well organized and presented, but not with much depth. On the other hand, their Exchange 2010 has considerable depth. I intend to keep subscribing for the time being, hoping I'll find more Exch2010-like learning. I agree that TechNet -- the articles, wiki's, videos, labs, development team blogs, and annual software subscription (for hands-on learning) -- is the best study material I've come across.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • spongeymspongeym Member Posts: 35 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!

Also, great advice for all of us studying and trying to figure out what sources give the best info.
  • b18c195b18c195 Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • geno1904geno1904 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • gabyprgabypr Member Posts: 136 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! This is my next exam. Im using cbtnuggets, and technet. Like you said you have to study using different resources. I dont know how good is the Sybex all in one book, but it could be worth it. Good luck!
    EC-Council Master in Security Science M.S.S [Done]

Reading Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification Exam prep by Sohel Akhter
  • SinemaSinema Registered Users Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Grats! always a good thing to get things like this knocked out of the way.
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on passing!