Options

Taking Exam Tomorrow

jburnjburn Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey fellas, I am scheduled to take the Security + tomorrow at 9am.. I'll be sure to let you guys know how things went and any study tips.

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
  • Options
    OlajuwonOlajuwon Inactive Imported Users Posts: 356
    Good luck, man. You will pass.....
    "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years"
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
  • Options
    ja5983ja5983 Member Posts: 129
    should be taking it right now......hopefully your currently just about becoming part of our 1337 sec+ group
    Josh
    A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, TICSA, CCNA, MCSA, AS Network Engineering
  • Options
    jburnjburn Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hey Guys, I passed this morning with a score of 868. Here is what I used, Syngress book, the notes on this site, CBT Nuggets, Preplogic audio lecture series and quiz me series. I also just finished a network security class from my college. My take on the exam was this: know your ports, know PKI, Certificates and the difference between asymmetric and symmetric encryption and be able to identify the most common algorithms for each. Be sure to understand the difference between confidentiality, integrity,availability and know the difference between the access models. Other than that this test really was just common sense guys, really don't get your self too worked up over this one. I did get some questions concerning policies, DRP, risk assessment and that sort of thing but to me that stuff really did fall under common sense and if you have a basic understanding of networks and topologies than you will be fine. Thanks for the support guys, let me know if I can help with any thing.
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats icon_thumright.gif
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    mvastarellimvastarelli Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good job.
    CompTIA Tests: 220-301, 220-302, N10-003, SY0-101
    Microsoft Tests: 70-270, 70-271, 70-272, 70-536, 70-526, 70-502