Options

Fall 2013 Ohlone CC Vmware course

santaownssantaowns Member Posts: 366
I am signed up for this course, is anyone else ? Cost was $94 for california residents, as it falls under the california community college pricing.

Comments

• Options
    brownwrapbrownwrap Member Posts: 549
    Did you have to send in transcripts and the whole thing to register? I am in limbo. Just moved back to California after spending the last two and a half years in Arizona. I own property here, but I don't think that counts, so I am not a residnt for another 8 months.
  • Options
    linuxabuserlinuxabuser Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    I had to prove residency myself because I didn't attend high school in California. I'll post website in a bit when I get home from shopping.
  • Options
    crazychrono100crazychrono100 Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I just signed up for this course! Is there a set time you need to attend this or you can do it at your own pace? Also do you know if this course qualify you to take the VCP test? Thanks
  • Options
    yes it qualifies you to site for the VCP test. There is no set time, the only requirement is to complete all the labs prior to end date of class per the teacher D Patrick.

I am trying to setup my new SAN now so that i can get practice in prior to the course.
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    The instructor posted on TechExams a while back, announcing this class. (I'm enrolled in the online course this fall, by the way.)

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    crazychrono100crazychrono100 Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the info guys! Looking forward to the class. Guess I should pay for it now.
  • Options
    networkjutsunetworkjutsu Member Posts: 275 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I took the online class last year. Almost every class meeting there's a lecture and/or a quiz. If there isn't lecture or quiz, then you do the lab during the class for the people who take it in person. For the online, you have access to the lab pretty much 24/7. Not sure if he changed it or not but he doesn't require you to do it every week if you don't have time. Though, you'll fail if you don't do the lab since it's pretty much 70% of your grade. If you don't pass then you won't get a sign off on VMware Education site and obviously won't be able to get the voucher.
  • Options
    Finished all of my labs last night. Took about 4 hours total to do 21 of the 22 labs. I will continue to listen in on the lectures and what not and read up so i can pass the exam