Passed CEH

coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
I passed the CEH today. It was not hard at all. I only had one command line question. Next up is CHFI..
"Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"

Comments

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
  • zxshockaxzzxshockaxz Member Posts: 108
    Congrats bud! I'm glad it came with ease. what material did you use to study?
  • coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    @JDMurray...Thanks!

@zxshockaxz..I used the Matt Walker CEH AIO book and I did some labbing. I have been working with Linux for years so that really helped.
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • Chivalry1Chivalry1 Member Posts: 569
    Congrats on the pass!! They inundated me with linux command line questions. But the CEH is well worth it...especially if you are interested in info security!!
    "The recipe for perpetual ignorance is: be satisfied with your opinions and
    content with your knowledge. " Elbert Hubbard (1856 - 1915)
  • nestechnestech Member Posts: 74 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!!!

I'm studying for this exam now. Day two for me, I'm hoping to take it at the end of the month. I send my paper work to EC Council yesterday. I got an email saying it can take up to two weeks before they can approve me to take the exam. Will see if a take the entire two weeks...
  • jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    nestech wrote: »
    Congratulations!!!

I'm studying for this exam now. Day two for me, I'm hoping to take it at the end of the month. I send my paper work to EC Council yesterday. I got an email saying it can take up to two weeks before they can approve me to take the exam. Will see if a take the entire two weeks...

I faxed out my documents on Thursday the 18th, received that same email Friday, and had my supervisor complete the experience verification via email on Monday. They still haven't charged the $100 for the self study fee, though.

Hoping to get the registration process down ASAP since I'd like to test on 2 Aug. I work nights so that's my only real weekday off.
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • Stan LeeStan Lee Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    jvrlopez wrote: »
    I faxed out my documents on Thursday the 18th, received that same email Friday, and had my supervisor complete the experience verification via email on Monday. They still haven't charged the $100 for the self study fee, though.

Hoping to get the registration process down ASAP since I'd like to test on 2 Aug. I work nights so that's my only real weekday off.

For self-study, you will have to pay $100 Vue Eligibility Application Fee via the online store (store.eccouncil.org)
  • jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Stan Lee wrote: »
    For self-study, you will have to pay $100 Vue Eligibility Application Fee via the online store (store.eccouncil.org)

Their sales rep sent me a form to file out and fax for the $100 charge, but I'll look into the online store if it seems to be taking a while.
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna