Best method and materials to study.

Rell24Rell24 Member Posts: 29 ■■■□□□□□□□
I just completed A+ today and already have my N+ from 2011. What would be the best method and materials to use to prepare for Security+? I wonder if anyone has used uCertify or other self-study materials like that because I know the books can get dry.

Comments

• Arod95Arod95 Member Posts: 216 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm planning to go for my security+ as well. I'm going to use Darril Gibson's book, and that is probably it I've heard the book is good enough to help you pass if you clearly understand the material if not I'll probably find another resource, but I won't start reading the book till this weekend.
  • j.petrovj.petrov Member Posts: 282
    I highly recommend Darril Gibson's book, its an easy well presented read. I would also suggest professor messer's free sec+ videos to supplement the reading.
  • RoyalRavenRoyalRaven Member Posts: 142 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Darril's book is one of the best ones I've read in my whole IT career. It was a fun read and made it easy to digest the content/understand it. I would do additional research for anything outside of the book that you're not confident with after reading through it once.
  • Moon ChildMoon Child Member Posts: 188 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I am fortunate to have access to a nice size county library that has many computer certification books that are up to date. I have checked out several Security+ books from my library that I am studying while I study for the Net+. One is the Security+ for dummies book, lol. I like it a lot although it does not go in nearly as much depth as the other books. The book does a good job of explaining hard to understand concepts that I had trouble understanding in the other books. I would check out your local library you might be surprised what you find. My Network+ book I got from my local library is from 2012 ! My library has saved me a lot of money.
    ... the world seems full of good men--even if there are monsters in it. - Bram Stoker, Dracula
  • zxshockaxzzxshockaxz Member Posts: 108
    Moon Child wrote: »
    I am fortunate to have access to a nice size county library that has many computer certification books that are up to date. I have checked out several Security+ books checked out from my library that I am studying while I study for the Net+. One is the Security+ for dummies book, lol. I like it a lot although it does not go in nearly as much depth as the other books. The book does a good job of explaining hard to understand concepts that I had trouble understanding in the other books. I would check out your local library you might be surprised what you find. My Network+ book I got from my local library is from 2012 ! My library has saved me a lot of money.

I've been curious about doing this. You've convinced me to go check it out. thanks!

I'm about to start studying for my Sec+ as well. For Net+ and A+ i used testout's training material and learned a lot. they offer certifications that are equivalent to A+, N+, and S+, but they're obviously not as well recognized. I didn't test for my N and A+, simply because i didn't have the money at the time. But i felt more than confident that i would have passed the exams. I'll be using their labs for Sec+ as well as darril gibson's book.
  • Rell24Rell24 Member Posts: 29 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Has anybody used ucertify or trainsignal to study for the material?