Passed This Morning

jase67jase67 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
I passed this morning with a score of 820. Not the best in the world, but it was still passing. My test focused heavily on Cryptography, so make sure you know that area. I only had 2 questions on ports, and no more than 5 questions on Organizational Security. The rest were pretty much common sense quesions on different types of attacks, and most importantly, how to prevent them (Man-In-The-Middle showed up more than once).

For study I used TCAT's study guide, and the Technotes on this site. I went through a couple of practice tests, but I think the biggest thing that helped me, was flash cards. I sat down and wrote them out for areas I wasn't too familiar with, and it really helped quite a bit. I have been studying for the last 3 weeks, with no prior experience in network security. The only other certs I have are A+, and Network+.

Now it's on to Cisco...

Good luck!

Comments

• sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Great job! (finally I was the first to congratulate someone...)
    An 820 is more than respectable. Trick questions and poorly worded ones can throw off the smartest people in the world, and from what I have heard the Sec+ is full of questions like that.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • jase67jase67 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You aren't kidding about the badly worded questions. I even had a question about securing mail relay on a Unix server, if you find an \etc\mail\relay directory, and your server is constantly being used for relaying to non-authorized domains. I think I probably missed that one.
  • jburnjburn Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats man! I to had quite a few questions on attacks, I forgot to mention this in my post earlier.
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • jkstechjkstech Member Posts: 330
    good job
    get back to studying!!!
  • seuss_ssuesseuss_ssues Member Posts: 629
    jase67 wrote:
    You aren't kidding about the badly worded questions. I even had a question about securing mail relay on a Unix server, if you find an \etc\mail\relay directory, and your server is constantly being used for relaying to non-authorized domains. I think I probably missed that one.

You would need to remove the * from the relay file.
  • Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    Congrats!
    I will take this test soon as well.
  • eclowneyeclowney Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats and you passed; that's what matters........

Thanks for the scoop as I'm studying for this test as I write!
    "Comfort is the Enemy of Achievement"

Go For IT!