Options

VMWare MCSA equivalent

dasmoothridedasmoothride Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm curious about VMWare certs. I was wondering which VMWare cert is equivalent to Microsoft's MCSA. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    That's an apples to oranges question. To answer your question though, the VCP MCSA level. The VCAP's are MCSE level, the VCDX is MCM/MCA level. It all depends on your level of experience and aptitude.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Although VCP-DV is only one exam, I would say the level of knowledge/experience required is similar to what Microsoft intended for the current MCSA cert (also not an entry level, IMO, but not an advanced cert either).

I would stress that an "entry level" or "beginner" VMware datacenter cert does not really exist. Some knowledge is assumed in the domains of networking, operating systems, hardware, and storage.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    dasmoothridedasmoothride Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the replies. I have decided to pursue getting the MCSA first before diving in to VMware certs.