Options

Just passed CEHv8. Targeting CISSP in December. Is it realistic target ?

SecurityFreakSecurityFreak Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Friends,

I just passed CEHv8. Targeting CISSP in December. Is it realistic target ?
I can only devote at most 2 hours per day on studies.

Comments

• Options
    danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations on the C|EH v8 did you find it hard? Dec seems realistic to me for the CISSP, how long did it take you to train for the C|EH?
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • Options
    SecurityFreakSecurityFreak Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    CEHv8 took 2 months of preparation...
  • Options
    emerald_octaneemerald_octane Member Posts: 613
    2 hrs over 5 months is very doable provided you make good enough study notes to review the earlier stuff later down the line. People have done well with much less (although more hours per day).
  • Options
    joebannyjoebanny Member Posts: 84 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! I think this will depend a lot on your background. How strong are you with the domains? Have you been exposed to some if not all the domains? If so, I think some of them will just be a re-fresher for you and then you can focus more on the newer stuff- then 2 hrs per day might be sufficient, otherwise, I will suggest you devote more time to this per day. Here is the thing though, it is actually better to knock out the exam within a short period (I will say 3-5 months is very reasonable) since the material can be forgotten rather quickly. My only concern is the amount of thing you're willing to devote to it daily, so I will suggest more daily time depending on your background as I mentioned previously. So in summary, yes, the July to Dec is quite realistic but you may need more daily hours to commit (maybe do more on the weekends if that is an option). This is just my opinion, wish you all the best.