Passed CEHv8

SecurityFreakSecurityFreak Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
I passed CEHv8 on sunday with 95.2%

Study Plan was:
1. Classroom Training (40 hours)
2. Read through all slides in Ethical Hacking and Countermeasures v8 - Volume 1 and Volume 2
3. Ethical Hacking and Countermeasures v8 - Lab Manual : Read short notes on the left side.
4. Practice NMAP, Netcat, hping2 etc. - Understand TCP/IP concepts
5. **** sheets of SANS institute (search using GHDB)

Comments

• coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!!
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • diggitlediggitle Member Posts: 118 ■■■□□□□□□□
    How was the CEHv8? Did you feel you had enough time to answer all of the questions? What is your level of experience with information security?
    c colon i net pub dubdubdub root
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Congratulations and thanks for the review! icon_cheers.gif
  • chanakyajupudichanakyajupudi Member Posts: 712
    Congrats on the pass. We hope you can post a slightly more detailed review. I am trying to attempt the exam in October.
    Work In Progress - RHCA [ ] Certified Cloud Security Professional [ ] GMON/GWAPT if Work Study is accepted [ ]
    http://adarsh.amazonwebservices.ninja

• Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Congrats!
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • SecurityFreakSecurityFreak Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    4 hours for 125 questions was too much. Since most questions were theoretical (not much of analysis), I could finish them in 2 hours!
  • Stan LeeStan Lee Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    4 hours for 125 questions was too much. Since most questions were theoretical (not much of analysis), I could finish them in 2 hours!

Agree with SecurityFreak .. 4 hours is too generous! I also completed the exam in 2 to 2.5 hours though I did not score as high as SecurityFreak icon_smile.gif
    I think partly it was because of how the exam was administered. That is, you will be given x minutes to complete Part 1. When you get into Part 2 of the exam, you will no longer be able to return to Part 1. I think, we are all so excited to proceed to the next phase so, we ended up having lots of excess time ...
  • SecurityFreakSecurityFreak Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Stan Lee wrote: »
    Agree with SecurityFreak .. 4 hours is too generous! I also completed the exam in 2 to 2.5 hours though I did not score as high as SecurityFreak icon_smile.gif
    I think partly it was because of how the exam was administered. That is, you will be given x minutes to complete Part 1. When you get into Part 2 of the exam, you will no longer be able to return to Part 1. I think, we are all so excited to proceed to the next phase so, we ended up having lots of excess time ...

I am planning CISSP in December -- 5 months from now. I will get only max 1 to 2 hours to study for it. Is it realistic target ?
  • Stan LeeStan Lee Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am planning CISSP in December -- 5 months from now. I will get only max 1 to 2 hours to study for it. Is it realistic target ?

On the average, 5 months should be sufficient. Have a look at the CISSP AIO 6th edition book from Shon Harris so you can gauge if you can finish studying all the 10 domains within the given time frame.