CCIE R&S progress

Comments

• silver145silver145 Member Posts: 265 ■■□□□□□□□□
    7 hours more on MPLS and the serial adapter came today <3 Home lab is nearly upon me! hoping to do another 100 hours ish and be ready for the written.
    6 hours on BGP/MPLS
  • Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I absolutely think it's a great idea to put in the most hours you can without going insane, but it definitely is a marathon, not a sprint- so pick a pace you can maintain for a while..because you're going to do this a long time until you pass!

I've got a lab date in 30 something days, but if I fail I actually plan on cutting back to 4x a week studying, and doing that until I pass- so I can have somewhat of a life, but still get some really solid time in (those 4 days would probably result in 20 hours a week).

Keep up the great work man.
    Aye i can feel the marathon already *opens books* eyes just want to shut!!!! im splitting things up currently, hour before work, hour at dinner, 2 hours at night, and more if i feel i can stomach it! Its still just getting into the "groove" i am looking forward to practical as i will feel physically more involved! But as i have just left university, starting a new networking job, i feel its a good time to get on with stuff before been tied down with a mortgage and all the other parts of life!!

Girlfriend also understands and appreciates it all so i actually feel like i am not doing enough, especially when people with kids manage the same hours it puts me to shame.....unless you are all just bad parents ;) mwhaha.

30 days to go!!! i want to see your #digits!
    3.5 hours on Multicast last night.........yay......!
    1.5 on multicasting, spent most of the day at work and looking for a new place to move to!
    Not much time spent revising today but managed to get a mock exam done on boson, scored 54%, items that let me down were Multicast (not covered yet) MPLS and QOS, the dreaded three!!!!

Need more revision in all areas but was my first go on the exam Sim so i aint taking it too badly, got to get used to how the questions are worded as i know i messed up some easy stuff, for example answered a question based on the local tag when it was stupidly obvious as i hit NEXT that it was the outgoing tag, so need to slow down a little!

(i am not including test exam's in hour read)
    4.5 hours on multicast...not a fan so far! Hope that changes with more practice
    3 hours on Multicast, been a bit slow here due to work stuff happening!
    5 hours down today,

Also how far in advanced can i book the IE lab?
  • carterw65carterw65 Member Posts: 318 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I booked mine the other day for Mar 14 in Brussels. Not sure about any other locations availability though.
    oo nice cart!!! i think i will get it booked shortly after the written to give me a target that i can try and miss :P
  • BologskiBologski Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I will start reading today, will make this forum as my inspiration :d
    Hi Bolo, Yeah its a good source of watching people grow that's how i got involved.
  • gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    silver145 wrote: »
    oo nice cart!!! i think i will get it booked shortly after the written to give me a target that i can try and miss :P

Yep, looking to book mine straight after passing the written. Aiming for April/May 2014.
    Nice, i am also aiming for a similar time from the current revision rates but may adjust slightly as moving, new job etc etc.

Deadline for myself was 2015 as that is when my grad scheme ends, i thought it would be a nice goal but personally id like it before september 2014.

Another 3 hours added to my count, just going over everything now ensuring that i know the stuff that i am terrible at....AKA Multicast!!
    CCNA security: Is this worth the time to read and learn while aiming for CCIE

(the security, zbf, ios firewall side of things)
    Yeah, very worth it I'd say. I did ISCW in the old CCNP, and that's pretty much the same thing again
    Ah fair enough, CCNA SEC next on my list then!

I kept getting stumbled up on practice questions to do with ZBF etc.
  • NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I'm reading Cisco Firewalls, chapters 1-2, 9-10. Nice coverage of ACLs, CBAC, NAT, and ZFW as security tools. :)

The CCNA Security items that seemed off-course were site-to-site VPNs and web interfaces.
    You got the specific book number there for me NV?

Cheers
    Much appreciated, will start on this shortly. Added it to my safari!
    7 more hours down! - IPv6 and The chapters NV Recommended above
    5.5 hours down. Covering all topics now covering the parts where i am weak, just trying to remember a little more of the low level stuff and going to book the written for the end of this month, as i felt left out looking at everyone else booking!!!!
    What date are you looking at?
    Between the 28th and 6th as i am in Leeds and the test center is only a couple of miles away, but when i move to Ipswich i will have to travel 43 miles to a test center......!!!!

So i am going to see how i feel closer to the date and book accordingly :) Definatly going to attempt it between those dates!!! I believe yours is 29th/30th? Thats what made me want to try it :)
    Wednesday 28th for me - as it is my last day off so I've got a few days beforehand to do last second stuff.

Training center is about 20 minutes from me, so easy enough to get to.
    7 hours over the last 2 days, Looking at everything i am unsure of really!! No real "tracking" going on now, i just want to be comfortable enough for the exam.
  • carterw65carterw65 Member Posts: 318 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Did you set a firm date yet?