Survey before the exam

EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
Today i took the BSCI and passed with 857 icon_lol.gif
The test was a nightmare, i absolutely over prepared for this test and i was
very confident going in.As i did with the CCNA i just cancel the survey of questions so as to not have any impact on my exam.
Well i dont think this is a good idea because when i was doing the test i was sure they had it in for me.
Lots of obscure questions, lots of reading big dialogs and lots of pictures.
I dont really want to mention the topics but no section was hit harder than another.I was very surprised at some of the questions and my advice is to fully cover all topics equally.I really think the Cisco Press needs an update when it comes to IPv6.
90mins for this exam isnt enough,i was really panicing in the exam due to time.I was pretty happy when i passed because i dont want to go through that experience again.Next time i will answer the survey haha..
Now i think its time for a beer.
Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$

Comments

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!

I still don't think the survey has a bearing on the exam questions -- its just an annoying exam that covers a bunch of stuff that most people don't use every day. And I thought the IPv6 questions were the easy points on the exam for the BSCI.... but I'm planning to over-prepare on IPv6 for the R&S exam.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hey Mike,thanks, IPv6 hrmm easy??this is where i lost most of my marks.
    The blueprint says learn the address format which i did and a little more, it didnt say anything about advance configs.I learnt the basic configs i.e. how to set it up.Probably as time goes by Cisco are little by little giving this a higher priority.Anyway i will study this well for the RS exam and i suggest you do as well, even though i find it extremely boring.
    We should start a poll about the most boring topics to study for BSCI.IPv6 no 1,ISIS no 2 everything else was interesting.Anyway i wrirting this fromthe bar and my name is up soon on the pool table so ciao ciao...
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    ed_the_lad wrote:
    The blueprint says learn the address format which i did and a little more, it didnt say anything about advance configs.I learnt the basic configs i.e. how to set it up.Probably as time goes by Cisco are little by little giving this a higher priority.
    Wow -- they are sneaking more stuff in for IPv6. I don't think I even had a question about the supported routing protocols (which was in the books)... The level of question I had on IPv6 were like the first TCP/IP chapter in INTRO material for IPv4... that simple.

I figure if it can be done in IPv6 I should prepare for it for the R&S Lab -- at least that's my plan. Dual stack, tunnels, and NAT is already on my hands-on practice list.... beyond the expected IPv6 configuration and routing.

I figure there is at least a couple more years before there even is such a thing as an all IPv6 lab exam... and even then legacy IPv4 support should hang on for a while.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Sa'adSa'ad Member Posts: 150 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats Ed, I thought you were skipping the CCNP though. Or did u just take it as a practice exam for the ccie? :)

Anyways, congratulations again.
    INE v4 volume 1
  • wildfirewildfire Member Posts: 654
    Well done on the pass!

I like Mike think the survey has no bearing on the question you will get as the exam is downloaded before you get there. But out of habit I go through and say Im an expert on my weak areas and a beginner on my strenghts.

I know when I did my BSCI there wasnt that much IPv6 but recent feedback from co-workers has been that there more ipv6 and harder questions on it. So prospective BSCI'ers look out for this.

For the IPv6 CBT nuggets released a free IPv6 update for people who owned the CCIE series. I must say that its very good.
    Looking for CCIE lab study partnerts, in the UK or Online.
  • pizzafartpizzafart Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm too jumpy to sit through that stuff! Show me the score already!! :)

Congrats Ed.