Strange cram exam Question.

psylowpsylow Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
Can y'all enlighten me as the correct answer to this question.

It reads... What is the maximum data transfer rate of an SATA 3.0 hard disk drive?

A. 300mbps
B. 300MB/s
C. 600MB/s
D. 150Mbps

I selected C, 600, as the correct answer. However I got it wrong. The correct answer is B, 300. But on the exploitation under the correct answer it says, "SATA 3.0 can transfer a maximum of 300MBs, SATA 1.5 at 150MB/s and SATA 3.0 transfers at 600MB/s."

At the beginning of the answer it says 300 and then at the end it says 600"
. What is correct?

Comments

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    600 MB/s is correct for 3.0. The 300 MB/s value is correct for the SATA 2.0 spec.

https://www.sata-io.org/sites/default/files/documents/SATA-6-Gbs-The-Path-from-3gbs-to-6gbs.pdf
  • --chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,518 ■■■■■□□□□□
    psylow wrote: »
    Can y'all enlighten me as the correct answer to this question.

It reads... What is the maximum data transfer rate of an SATA 3.0 hard disk drive?

A. 300mbps
    B. 300MB/s
    C. 600MB/s
    D. 150Mbps

I selected C, 600, as the correct answer. However I got it wrong. The correct answer is B, 300. But on the exploitation under the correct answer it says, "SATA 3.0 can transfer a maximum of 300MBs, SATA 1.5 at 150MB/s and SATA 3.0 transfers at 600MB/s."

At the beginning of the answer it says 300 and then at the end it says 600"
    . What is correct?

Dont feel bad, i just ran into this last night. I too was confused, but feel better now that i see this today.

There is another similar typo, around page 200...i cant remember exactly where or what about though. I just remember doing the quiz, getting it "wrong" but then looking up the answer and finding out i had it right.