Passed 801 this morning.

DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
This morning I passed the 220-801 exam. I got a 721 out of 675. I studied for about 3 months on and off and then really studied the past week. The Hurricane Sandy events really took up my time the past few months, re-designing the network from scratch in Newark, NJ; rebuilding HP Procurve CLI's on 8 switches; and then re-doing a entire fiber backbone all while supporting 500 screaming users whom just wanted to work, lol. I've been a self-taught IT professional, however I've just recently figured it will be good to get some certifications.

I'm a IT manager during the day, I've been doing things with A+ land since I was 12 and I'm 28 now. I basically do this stuff all day long at work, I guess I'm what some call the 'jack-of-all-trades' IT department for 1500 users. icon_lol.gif

Tomorrow I'm taking the 220-802 and the N10-005 exam.

I've been using the Exam Cram books, the **** sheet really helps allot. However most of the stuff in the A/Net + book I've done quite a bit at work. Is it possible to study too much?

Does anyone have some pointers?

Comments

• SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations on the pass. Good luck on the other half of A+ and the Net+.
    Pointers? Just study, study, study.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!!

Good luck on second exam keep on studying.. icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • shart1971shart1971 Member Posts: 91 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on your pass! Good luck with the 802 and Net+.
  • Snow.brosSnow.bros Member Posts: 832 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Nice, congrats!
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    I'm super annoyed now, I went and took the 220-802 this morning and got a 695/700 and failed the exam. However 1:45 minutes later I took the N10-005 Exam and got a 820/720 on the exam and passed so go figure!

I use Network + stuff more in my daily job than the normal A+ stuff. Ironically I believe my biggest problem is re-teaching myself how CompTIA wants a problem resolved and how I do things to get them working; if this makes any sense what-so-ever....

ahh well, I passed the 1st 220-801 exam so it was probably a fluke or something.

Questioning is should I invest in this 3 for 1 deal from CompTIA for the A+ voucher and free re-take voucher or if I should just pursue the Sec +. I have the Exam Cram book however I've just skimmed the reading...
    well I've been studying all night and I will most of tomorrow (this week is my vacation) and I'm going to retake the exam on Friday. I'm also taking the 70-640 exam on Monday morning, so that should be easy. I can build a AD directory blind-folded....
  • coreyb80coreyb80 Member Posts: 647 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Sounds like you're on the ball w/ the certs and that's pretty solid.
    WGU BS - Network Operations and Security
    Completion Date: May 2021
    w00t w00t, I retook the exam this morning for the 220-802 exam and I got a 740/700 and passed. I'm now finally A+ Certified as-well! --- now to enjoy the rest of my vacation and relax till Monday and then I think the end of next week I'll re-read the MCTS Books for 2008 and take the 70-640 exam in about 2 weeks. My confidence is sky high right now. :)

I know the MCSA: 2008 expires in January so I better get crackin' But I do like how the content in the in A+, Net+ and Sec+ plus all pretty much have the same content in the MCSA exam prep books. Yes I've read the Sec + book as-well, but since MCSA: 2008 is no longer going to be offered a few months I want that cert badly! - my job used 2008 right now and because of a ERP we probably won't be moving to 2013 anytime soon, so the MCSA: 2008 is a must have for me!

Once that is finished I'll move back to the Sec + and then the Project + seem the likely choice. I'll probably do the CCENT after that for the Cisco pursuit.... I can't wait!

Question: is confience normally this high after completing these certs knowing there not as hard as they seem as-long as you study and know the material?