cccure.org paid membership (quiz)

technosecuritytechnosecurity Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi All,

i am preparing for CISSP,i am having some confusion regarding cccure.org paid membership for CISSP.in paid membership (quiz) how many questions i can practice in all 10 domains.how frequently cccure.org updates its question data bank.

Thanks

Comments

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Directly from their site: "Every single week we add, modify, change, or remove questions." Having said that, be advised you will see older questions that are not 100% relevant but still useful.

With the paid version you'll get access to the whole set of questions which IIRC is around a couple thousand.
  • NavyITNavyIT Member Posts: 171
    Does anyone know a resource that provides free CISSP practice questions? I'd like to not spend the money on cccure if I can avoid it.
    A.S. - Computer Networking: Cisco
    B.S. - Computer & Network Security
  • azmattazmatt Member Posts: 114
    There are two practice tests here Elsevier: conrad: CISSP Study Guide Certification

IMO, cccure is worth the money. cyberguypr nailed it, some of the topics are covered too heavily imo but it's still a great prep resource. There are a few practice test books out there as well.
  • TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    NavyIT wrote: »
    Does anyone know a resource that provides free CISSP practice questions? I'd like to not spend the money on cccure if I can avoid it.

For the $39.95 the cccure membership will be worth more than any free test bank you can find. You really can't find a better value out there. For something free, when I was studying for the exam the new study guide offered by Wiley had a free practice test that you could download if you registered an account. I don't know if it's still offered, but here is the URL:

Wiley: CISSP: Certified Information Systems Security Professional Study Guide, 6th Edition - James M. Stewart, Mike Chapple, Darril Gibson

Best of luck!
  • mnijilmf2mnijilmf2 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    For me the cccure.org site was worth every penny. $39.99 for several months of access is a steal now-a-days. Skip a dinner out, brown bag it a few days, etc. Pay the price and you will not regret the decision.

John
  • joedainjoedain Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    How close do the questions on CCCure resemble the test?

I have had my membership for a few days now...just like they should be more in depth and scenario based.
  • mnijilmf2mnijilmf2 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The style of questions were similar to that of the actual exam.
  • ChooseLifeChooseLife Member Posts: 941 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Actually, one question on this:

How different are paid questions from the free ones on cccure.org? I went through the free ones and a large portion of them were simple one- or two-line questions, not seeing much scenarios.
    “You don’t become great by trying to be great. You become great by wanting to do something, and then doing it so hard that you become great in the process.” (c) xkcd #896

GetCertified4Less
    - discounted vouchers for certs
  • chaandchaand Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yes. Hardly any of the CCCure questions have scenarios. However, the ones that have scenarios are pretty good though.
  • joedainjoedain Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Are there really on 6 Security Architecture and Design questions when you pay for it?

When I only select that test and choose any number of questions to add to test, the max is 6.
  • SchpoonSchpoon Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    joedain wrote: »
    Are there really on 6 Security Architecture and Design questions when you pay for it?

When I only select that test and choose any number of questions to add to test, the max is 6.

There are actually 126 Security Architecture and Design questions. There might be more, but I'm not sure. The way I found that out was to set my max questions for 250 and choose that domain only. I've done that a couple times for my troublesome domains.

IMO the site is good, and from what I've read many others support it. It was hard to spend money on it, but I feel like it was well spent. I'll find out on the 30th though.
  • beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    One thing to keep in mind is CCCure questions are written by whomever wishes to write them and may vary (once vetted) by the author.

Written a couple questions myself. A bit of take from the community; give back to the community. If you like CCCure you should give back by writing a question or two to help keep the framework up to date. Fresh questions are always welcome by the community in general.

- B Eads