The decision has been made

ShrewdyShrewdy Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi everyone, as a new comer to this forum i have to say i'm really impressed with the knowledge of it's users and the standard of responses to people's posts. I myself have finally decided at the age of 37 to study towards a CCNP qualification. I have enrolled with Skillstrain and will be starting my journey by first undertaking the N+ then the CCNA and finally the CCNP. Can anyone give me some practical advice on what to expect along the way? My tutor is available to talk to but wanted to speak to people who have been there, done that. Experience is everything.

Thanks and my utmost respect and congrats to those who have qualified.

Comments

• gabrielbtoledogabrielbtoledo Member Posts: 217
    To be honest, I didn't think N+ was difficult at all. However I didn't get a great score (700 points).
    I had maybe 2 weeks of study. I read CramSession study guide(35-ish pages) and did some free practice questions online.
    I myself have been studying comuputers (networking) for about 3 years. I'm just finishing my degree this semester. So, I'm guessing that my classes (CCNA and others) helped me with Net+. Plus I'm a moderator of two websites (infowar.com /criticalsecurity.net) which makes me research constantly.
    So do your thing and you should be fine.
    A+ Certified - Network+ - MCP (70-290)
    MCSA - CCNA - Security+ (soon)
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Shrewdy wrote:
    I have enrolled with Skillstrain and will be starting my journey by first undertaking the N+ then the CCNA and finally the CCNP. Can anyone give me some practical advice on what to expect along the way?
    Good plan -- I used the CBT Nugget Net+ as a review before I started the Cisco Network Academy Courses for my CCNA. But since I already had lots of networking experience I skipped the exam.

As for what to expect.... depends on your experience. Just study a lot, get some hands on experience with real routers and switches for the CCNA/CCNP, and ask questions here if you get stuck on a topic (after trying to figure it out yourself first).

Good luck!
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • ShrewdyShrewdy Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks, hope i'm doing the right thing. I will be on here a lot i suspect over the next 3 years!!
  • mgmguy1mgmguy1 Member Posts: 485 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You can do it...
    "A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B."

Fats Domino