Options

Estimated Study Time

Arod95Arod95 Member Posts: 216 ■■■□□□□□□□
Currently I'm studying for CCNA, and I wanted to go after CCNA:Security. How long do you think it would take if I put at least 15 hours every week minimum? And I was wondering if GNS3 would be able to emulate everything I need. I already of an ASA image, and router images. Any other advice would be helpful! :)

Comments

• Options
    TechGuy215TechGuy215 Member Posts: 404 ■■■■□□□□□□
    GNS3 should have the ability to sim everything you need, I believe you can even run ASDM with it as well. I've been using PacketTracer and GNS3 for the past few years, and theres not much you can't do. I do have a physical lab setup at home as well, just for the hands on. If your putting 15 hours a week into studying, I would venture to say you should be ready to test within 2 months. Just keep banging out labs, until you've covered all the blueprints for the exam, and feel comfortable with the commands, subnetting, etc... Let me know how it goes and good luck! icon_wink.gif
    * Currently pursuing: PhD: Information Security and Information Assurance
    * Certifications: CISSP, CEH, CHFI, CCNA:Sec, CCNA:R&S, CWNA, ITILv3, VCA-DCV, LPIC-1, A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, Project+, and many more...
    * Degrees: MSc: Cybersecurity and Information Assurance; BSc: Information Technology - Security; AAS: IT Network Systems Administration
  • Options
    Arod95Arod95 Member Posts: 216 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks a lot, and I can't wait to get my hands on packet tracer to see how it works. My school is paying for CCNA academy class with Cisco so I know that is provided with the class. Reading Odom's book till I officially start mid August. I'll keep you posted on how my journey goes! :)